Adebayor's ban

PJ74 said:
Ade can't be banned for his celebration because he has been punished for it with a yellow card

He will be banned for the stamp on van persie though probably for 3 games
Nathan Tyson - Forest player booked for waving a corner flag in front of Derby fans two weeks ago. Subsequently charged with improper conduct. Ade's looking at 5 games for his behaviour yesterday. Shame he felt the need to take the gloss off a fantastic day.

the thing we all need to take into acount is...

... who wouldnt want to kick Robin Van Persie?

Anyway, think back to Lampards red card v west ham last season when it was clear as day that he kicked out as he was fouled. Chelsea got it overturned saying it was his natural momentum. I think we could argue the same.

RealMancsAreBlue said:
Project said:
Just looked into SWP's ban - the Stoke game was January 31st and his ban was announced on the 9th January. So I think these things might take a bit of time.

Hopefully the cup game with Fulham is included as part of it.

That's quite an achievement !
pmsl!!

Dubai Blue said:
PJ74 said:
Ade can't be banned for his celebration because he has been punished for it with a yellow card

Nathan Tyson - Forest player booked for waving a corner flag in front of Derby fans two weeks ago. Subsequently charged with improper conduct. Ade's looking at 5 games for his behaviour yesterday. Shame he felt the need to take the gloss off a fantastic day.

5 game ban would be VERY harsh, cant see that to be honest but you never know with the FA. The celebration was mint though, got to be worth a 1 game ban to see the cockneys crying like they were.

True_Blue69 said:
Dubai Blue said:

5 game ban would be VERY harsh, cant see that to be honest but you never know with the FA. The celebration was mint though, got to be worth a 1 game ban to see the cockneys crying like they were.
I'm predicting 3 for the stamp and 2 for the celebration. We can all woman and moan about it on here til the cows come home, but a ban is coming so you're all best off just getting used to it and giving the implausible excuses a rest.

The media are gunning for us now and we all know that means FA action is inevitable.

Interestingly though, Tyson was given a couple of weeks to respond to his improper conduct charge, so this shouldn't have any impact on the derby next week.

Issue is RVP ran 30 yards shouting F**K Off right in front of City fans to celebrate his goal so he should be investigated too.

When Neveille did it to Liverpool got £5,000 fine and warned to future conduct.

Lampard used the natural momentum argument I am sure we will do the same. And RVP received no card for his tackle so that should be investigated for many commentators believe that his challenge warrented a stright red

Don't know about the 'stamp'. I've seen one replay from a strange angle and it looked like his foot came down very quickly. I couldn't say for sure though. I'm sure Vidic would be let off.

Re: the 'celebration' though, it was completely classless and the bloke has made a clown of himself. No doubt all the people who think it was brilliant were booing Dickov for celebrating in front of the Leicester fans when he scored and booing Dickov for having the cheek to come back with another team. They might have even been the same ones who threw the toys out of the pram when SWP left, just because he left.

I would be all for a ban for that sort of 'celebration'. It was petty beyond belief.

Saying all that, we all know that Gary Neville didn't get one (and I don't think Henry did either when he did something similar against Spurs). So, we'll no doubt see a further example of one rule for the rags and one rule for others coming up sometime soon.

Dubai Blue said:
PJ74 said:

Difference is Ade was celebrating a goal during a match in which he was baited from before KO. He was fouled and abused all day, and has had legions of critics questioning his character for months. I really empathise with him, and I like him a lot for what he did.

He caught Van Persie. But you forget he was provoked. His detractors should take a long hard look at their own conduct.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Re: the 'celebration' though, it was completely classless and the bloke has made a clown of himself. No doubt all the people who think it was brilliant were booing Dickov for celebrating in front of the Leicester fans when he scored and booing Dickov for having the cheek to come back with another team. They might have even been the same ones who threw the toys out of the pram when SWP left, just because he left.

I would be all for a ban for that sort of 'celebration'. It was petty beyond belief.

Saying all that, we all know that Gary Neville didn't get one (and I don't think Henry did either when he did something similar against Spurs). So, we'll no doubt see a further example of one rule for the rags and one rule for others coming up sometime soon.

I dont recall the South Stand putting stewards in hospital though when Dickov done it?

any chance of the arsenal fans being reported for throwing bottles and chairs onto the pitch yesterday? after all i didnt see any city fans doing this after van persie telling city fans to "fuck off" at the colin bell stand corner yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.