Ads

@Ric can you send @Bill or any other top technology mod round to sort out the ads on my phone? I'm seeing up to 4 per page and everything is taking an age.
Thanks

The forum has become very frustrating to use on my phone. The amount and size of ads is awful. Most of the time an ad at the bottom of the page completely covers the navigation tools, so you have to scroll all the way to the top just to navigate to the next page or onto an other forum/thread.

On holiday at the moment, but will look into these issues properly when I get back. Apologies for any inconvenience.

In the meantime this should help fix any slowness issues in Chrome:
Yeah, it seems to be Chrome that is affected. Think it's a fairly common problem: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/i...rdware-acceleration-in-google-chrome-3605455/

Changing your settings should help:

Chrome > Settings > Advanced settings > Use hardware acceleration when available (deselect)

Also, try logging in, as registered users are served fewer ads than guests.

The site is close to unusable on chrome on mobile at the moment, slightly better using 3g/4g connection but can't get anything done on Wi-Fi. Laptop is fine though.

The site is close to unusable on chrome on mobile at the moment, slightly better using 3g/4g connection but can't get anything done on Wi-Fi. Laptop is fine though.

Have you tried changing your Chrome settings as mentioned above?

Have you tried changing your Chrome settings as mentioned above?
No option for it on the mobile app Ric. I have limited the data surges on it which is the only reason the site is usable. Have downloaded opera again going to try that.

+1 for the Chrome issue. Made the hardware acceleration deselect change as suggested.

Some improvement although the ads are still borderline intrusive. I won't be flying anywhere with Air New Zealand!

Getting this page quite frequently using Chrome on Windows 10, have to keep F5ing the page.

68be9619c40df7ec0ec69fe1af40acdf.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.