Aguero

taconinja said:
the originalkippaxman said:
acton28 said:
Just going to look up my medical dictionary/reliable source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anterior_cruciate_ligament_injury

"After surgery, no sports are allowed for 6 to 7 months. "

Sounds bad. No real support for it sounding bad other than Wikipedia/Trevor Sinclair/Michael Johnson/Paul Lake... Paul Gascoigne/Alan Shearer/Roy Keane/Ruud van Nistlehorse/Roberto Baggio/Xavi/Raul/Jagielka.

David Schwarz, who broke the record for quickest return and scored 3 goals in his first game back, but then re-ruptured in his second game back.

I hope it is not an ACL. I don’t know if it has been mentioned in this thread but it was the 20th Anniversary of Paul Lakes last game yesterday. And remembering what he went through I really hope it is not ACL.
There is no good ligament to tear in the knee.
There is no good ligament to tear anywhere. They have poor blood supply, they have very slow recovery rates, they never fully recover, they are often left slacker than previous and are easy to reinjure. It's better to clean break a bone in half than tear a ligament.

Marvin said:
He has already confirmed there is no serious injury to the knee

No need for the scare-mongering.

This is the Blue Moon what do you expect the doom and gloom fuckers didnt have a very good season!

Marvin said:
He has already confirmed there is no serious injury to the knee

No need for the scare-mongering.

Until he has another scan tomorrow we don't know if it is serious

Niall Quinn said it looked likes lateral extension of the knee, and he would know a fair bit about knee injuries having done his ACL I believe. On lateral extension of the knee it's more likely to be medial ligament damage, 6/8 wks prob sounds about right with medial damage.

Drewmanc said:
Niall Quinn said it looked likes lateral extension of the knee, and he would know a fair bit about knee injuries having done his ACL I believe. On lateral extension of the knee it's more likely to be medial ligament damage, 6/8 wks prob sounds about right with medial damage.

It looked like the problem was the outside of his knee, therefore not medial ligament.

To be fair I was going off what Niall had said, I didn't enjoy watching it at the time and haven't seen a replay, if it is medial/lateral ligaments again it's not overly bad and about the same recovery time. The cruciate is obviously the bad one but often happen without contact involved, it doesn't end careers anymore and with modern medicine they are advancing the materials and techniques used to repair the ACL all the time.

Gaylord du Bois said:
If ever there was a tackle that was on the limit then that one was no slouch.

It was a perfectly good tackle, it looked that way live and nothing I saw on the replays changed my view, Clyne's non-tackling leg was bent so there was no deliberate scissoring - Sergio was just unlucky.

lancs blue said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
If ever there was a tackle that was on the limit then that one was no slouch.

It was a perfectly good tackle, it looked that way live and nothing I saw on the replays changed my view, Clyne's non-tackling leg was bent so there was no deliberate scissoring - Sergio was just unlucky.

Agreed, Serge just came out of the tackle at an awkward angle (sideways, ouch!) and the forward momentum is what did it.

It is a blow if he is out but why have we got ourselves into this position,if one player is out we should have the quality to replace him ,don't forget Mancini turned inter down on Balo and we paid a fortune for Dzeko these players should be more than capable of filling in, for the prices we paid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.