Aguero

it looks like a cartilage tear to me,i ain`t no doctor but looking at the tackle his knee didn`t buckle or bend awkwardly or turn the opposite way,i`ll be surprised if he has done his cruciate,hopefuuly repair the cartilage and have him back in a month or so...

Cobwebcat said:
Guesswork till scan. Before then the best guide is the guy that examined him yes? He said:

Cautiously optimistic it's not as bad as first thought.

That's it. Wait now unfortunately.
Cobweb. Where did you hear this?<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:37 pm --<br /><br />Ian Cheeseman. BBC Manchester tweeted

Nothing confirmed but I believe the injury to Sergio Aguero is not as bad as first feared #MCFC but Roberto Mancini said he'll have scan

Marvin said:
Cobwebcat said:
Guesswork till scan. Before then the best guide is the guy that examined him yes? He said:

Cobweb. Where did you hear this?

-- Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:37 pm --

Ian Cheeseman. BBC Manchester tweeted

Nothing confirmed but I believe the injury to Sergio Aguero is not as bad as first feared #MCFC but Roberto Mancini said he'll have scan
Sky reported it during the game

pudge said:
Did anyone see what happened in between him walking off the pitch and then going on the stretcher? Did he aggravate it on the sideline?

Right in front of me and my brother he got up tried to stretch it and walking on it etc. But then got on the stretcher, I'd say he just didn't want to aggravate it but that's just me being positive.

Dirty Harry said:
Cobwebcat said:

I've got my 'optimistic head' on here but if they can tell me in an A+E exactly what I'd done over 25 years ago just by moving and manipulating the joint I'm sure the club physios we have will have a better idea these days and there is good cause for that 'cautious optimism'.

There is a simple test they can do to find out if his cruciate is snapped. Bend the leg at 45 degrees and slightly pull from behind the shin bone (calf muscle) toward said physio. If there is excessive play in the knee joint its a tell tale sign of acl rupture/tear.

carlos92 said:
If Sergio is out for any length of time then step forward Mario. We should have enough strikers to cover no matter how important the player is.

Problem with this is we can rely on Sergio. Balotelli cant be relied on week in week out especially away from home. Tevez whilst looking good so far is only ever a decision he doesn't like away from sulking again and Dzeko isn't good enough and doesn't fit our style well enough to play every game for a few months.

It's definately a concern!

BringBackSwales said:
Cobwebcat said:

who said that about acutiously optimistic mate, the City physio?

Yep was on sky commentary second half.

Thought Mario looked hungry (to play, not for food) when he came on. Aguero is obviously our best striker but I would be much more worried if say yaya or Vinny went off like that.

theres only one carlito said:
Dirty Harry said:
Cobwebcat said:

I've got my 'optimistic head' on here but if they can tell me in an A+E exactly what I'd done over 25 years ago just by moving and manipulating the joint I'm sure the club physios we have will have a better idea these days and there is good cause for that 'cautious optimism'.

There is a simple test they can do to find out if his cruciate is snapped. Bend the leg at 45 degrees and slightly pull from behind the shin bone (calf muscle) toward said physio. If there is excessive play in the knee joint its a tell tale sign of acl rupture/tear.

Not quite that simple. Immediately after injury the hamstrings go into spasm because of pain and it is very difficult to carry out any diagnostic test including the one you mention on a cruciate ligament. That's why he will be assessed properly after at least 48 hrs and after he has undergone a scan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.