Aguero's recovery?

Re: Aguero injured again?

He was eager to play v. Barcelona but he wasn't match fit and he knew it, he rushes himself back and then gets crocked again. So I don't think he can start against the rags, safer to keep him out till at least the last half hour.

Ali Benarbia said:
He was eager to play v. Barcelona but he wasn't match fit and he knew it, he rushes himself back and then gets crocked again. So I don't think he can start against the rags, safer to keep him out till at least the last half hour.

This makes sense to me. Coming on around the 60th minute could be very effective when the opposing defenders are tiring (remembering also it will be United's 4th game in 10 days). They are scared shitless of Aguero and the memory of last season's fantastic winner will loom large.

we need to be seriously careful about getting him back too soon, hes in danger of turning in to a michael owen type player - heavily reliant on that yd of pace and once the hamstrings become a problem, it all goes to sh!t.......needs to be properly rested and come back in shape to play the last few games, the world cup and then stay fit for us next season.

littlemarkyc said:
we need to be seriously careful about getting him back too soon, hes in danger of turning in to a michael owen type player - heavily reliant on that yd of pace and once the hamstrings become a problem, it all goes to sh!t.......needs to be properly rested and come back in shape to play the last few games, the world cup and then stay fit for us next season.

Exactly, we need to make sure he doesn't turn into a Torres.

I've no problem with playing Dzeko as the lone striker with Nasri, Silva, and Navas playing off him. Yeah he may not put all his chances away, but those three will and Dzeko's link up play has been decent enough lately. Its not like Negredo or Aguero have loked particularly threatening for the last month or so.

As we come to the business end of the season , I fear we may have seen the best of Aguero this season. He has been out several times already and since his last return against Sunderland he has looked a shadow of himself. Perhaps the ongoing injuries have played on his psyche and with the world cup coming up and Sergio being at the peak of his career, with Argentina being one of the favourites. It would be understandable ( if uncomfortable for us blues) if Sergio was to play within himself if it meant he didn't get injured and was fit for Brasil

grunge said:
littlemarkyc said:

You mean he gives us several fantastic years, then we sell him to a rival for a massively inflated fee when he's no longer any good? Sounds okay to me...

CaliforniaBlue said:
grunge said:
littlemarkyc said:

You mean he gives us several fantastic years, then we sell him to a rival for a massively inflated fee when he's no longer any good? Sounds okay to me...

I'd rather keep him really fit and get even 5 or 6 more fantastic seasons out of him

solley attwell said:
As we come to the business end of the season , I fear we may have seen the best of Aguero this season. He has been out several times already and since his last return against Sunderland he has looked a shadow of himself. Perhaps the ongoing injuries have played on his psyche and with the world cup coming up and Sergio being at the peak of his career, with Argentina being one of the favourites. It would be understandable ( if uncomfortable for us blues) if Sergio was to play within himself if it meant he didn't get injured and was fit for Brasil

serious?

It makes playing him for 90 minutes in an otherwise weakened team agaibst wigan when he obviously wasn't fit all the more baffling

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.