Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

pudge said:
Cheadle Blue said:
pudge said:
Thanks for that.

But I see more reasons for him to be worried.

I don't think he's on thin ice necessarily, but tonight he just didn't look like he knew how to deal with ajax tactically. i love bobby don't get me wrong, but we looked out of our depth tonight against a poor ajax team, and they are poor by ajax standards
It's his job to get the tactics right and not for the first time this season, he got them horribly wrong.

I love Bobby too, but he's looking more and more out of his depth this season.

i agree mate, plus the players reactions to his changes wern't good wither

jollylescott said:
LoveCity said:
Should have spent better in summer, a top midfielder for this level which Barry is not (Mancini wanted De Rossi) and some actual pace and ingenuity (Mancini wanted Hazard) would have improved our team a lot for Europe instead of spending £50million on potential and sideways steps mostly. A composed and creative deep sitting midfielder is important for Europe 9 times out of 10 (the 10th being Chelsea last season when the stars aligned for them).

100 times this!

listened to ladyman on talk sport today and he said he had first dibs on hazard but knocked back his 130k a week demand as mancini thought he was too young for that type of money.

it was also claimed that roberto said he would sort the de rossi deal out and that never happened

Re: Let's all over-react

Dunno why but we look a different team in the Champions League - look nervous and edgy etc... Never mind back to the League on Saturday, we need to remember how far we have come over recent years...

dmbass said:
Mancini to blame I'm afraid! Tactically messed up and he's being doing it far too often this season. Saying he didn't prepare properly now. Inexcusable! He may be saying it to take pressure off of players but that's not a comfort to me.

You're not wrong - I know he's probably to some extent trying to shield the players but either way it doesnt wash. I would quite like to publicly say the players were sh*te tonight

I love Mancini but maybe he has taken us as far as he can. He's great at winning the domestic titles but Europe is just a step too much for him. I don't like changing managers a lot but if anything we have gone backwards in Europe and if we want to be a world force in football we need to start making the quarter and semi finals of this competition.

I'm not going to place all the blame on him though as some of the players need to have a long hard look at themselves after that performance. And finally Marwood has to shoulder some blame as well. We won the league, the flood gates should have opened and we should have signed big players not Sinclair and Rodwell.

Re: That's why edin dosent start

To single him out is a joke. Nobody really played well...

He did hold up the ball well in the second half when the ball was given to him, and he could have gotten a goal or two if it wasn't for there goalkeeper making a couple of good saved. And there was that good move he did in the first half where he covered Richards, won the ball back and then set up Richards down the line with a back heel.

Sorry guys no way we will ever win the Champions League with Mancini.
He is tacitally inept naive and completely clueless.
It is simply not good enough.

I love the manager, he's my hero.
But you can't say this, I know the problems il fix it bollocks and then come out the next game in Europe and say I didn't prepare them, it's my fault.
That was tactically inept tonight, I don't give a flying fuck what anyone says, he got it wrong big time.
It may cost him big time aswell. Whimpered out of the carling cup, whimper out of Europe. Winning the league looks a difficult job this year and if he end the season plotless he'll go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.