Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

Stoned Rose said:
citijin said:
stop blaming the players. the responsibility lies with mancini.

It lies with both, but imo more with the players than Bob.

Agree - Bob didn't suddenly slow down attack on the edge of their area or even in there area so that they could get bodies back and regroup. He didn't replace the players shinpads with rubber, he didn't shout at them to pass it to a white and red shirt. The majority of players just weren't at it tonight - simply a very disappointing evening. No need for calling for his head after what he has achieved over the last two seasons - he's earned some breathing space - but there need to be improvements.

All this talk of it took Ferguson years to win it, he never had the squad we have.

We have potentially the 3rd or 4th best squad in the competition.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:13 pm --<br /><br />All this talk of it took Ferguson years to win it, he never had the squad we have.

We have potentially the 3rd or 4th best squad in the competition.

Well, what a big pile of fucking shite that was. As much as I would like us to win the Champs league, I'd rather see us win a few more premier leagues and F.A cups before I give to much of a fuck.

black mamba said:
Blue and Proud said:
We are now in the knockout stage - If we don't win the next 3 UCL games then we are out. Simple as...

Don't kid yourself B&P ......

we are out NOW!

Even if we do manage to somehow win our three remaing fixtures , it won't stop Dortmund and Madrid going through .
Agreed. It's gone.

Please feel free to bump this post if we do somehow get through.

You're all youngsters if you think City will assault the Crown Prince of UEFA and his cosy club in two years.

Roberto is perfectly capable of the role.

It used to be called the European Cup, but life has changed since then.

My answer is to keep the faith and put our trust in Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon-al-Mubarak and the Club.

Hang on a moment. Away at RM, home to Dortmund and away to Ajax. By anyone's standards those a 3 really difficult games. We were poor tonight, no doubt but I would prefer to wait until the group stage is over before I judge Mancini's abilities in Europe. 10 points last year suggests it wasn't all bad. We'd qualify from virtually any other group I'm sure.

Barcon said:
Well, what a big pile of fucking shite that was. As much as I would like us to win the Champs league, I'd rather see us win a few more premier leagues and F.A cups before I give to much of a fuck.

We will have to for the next 5 - 6 years, if we want to start getting a half decent champions league group!

LoveCity said:
Anyone calling for Mancini's head is stupid. Yes we were wank and yes we look awful in Europe but we have stability and could still win the league, plus had he been handed his transfer targets (Van Persie, De Rossi, Hazard) we'd probably be closer to Real Madrid's level now than Valencia's level. And we still have an FA Cup run to look forward to hopefully!
Where is this 'stability' The team changes every game, the formation changes every game, the tactics change every game. The players never know what format the are supposed to be playing. The fantastic talent in the team is being destroyed by mancini and his idiocy. He is a fool.

it was like the dortmund game all over again, to much space between our defense and midfield. Ajax played without a real striker,either de jong or eriksen popped up there but if kompany or lescott are to afraid to pick them up ajax have too much space to play. Even a blind man can see it, but not our manager...

The way to play against a young side like ajax is to press, and get the ball back as soon as possible but unlike last season were not able to do that anymore. I think Mancini is to blame for that and maybe it's time for him to go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.