Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

Re: Reality Check.

I know such things are difficult to admit, but people on here need to put emotions aside and be realistic for a minute - the only problem standing between current City and greatness is - the manager.

Before you all get on my back - please see Klopp.

Bundesliga champions in last two seasons, kicked our ass last night flat out.
Most expensive player = 15 million. That's great fucking manager.

Imagine what he would do with THIS CITY TEAM.

People really need to be objective and put the feelings aside sometimes. Roberto is right now simply riding on enormous amounts of talent he has in the squad. That talent very often bails him out from failing. He is not a good manager, and that's it. It's there for everyone to see, and last night might have been the best example ever.

EaglesFan said:
I know such things are difficult to admit, but people on here need to put emotions aside and be realistic for a minute - the only problem standing between current City and greatness is - the manager.

People really need to be objective and put the feelings aside sometimes. Roberto is right now simply riding on enormous amounts of talent he has in the squad. That talent very often bails him out from failing. He is not a good manager, and that's it. It's there for everyone to see, and last night might have been the best example ever.

Yeah imagine him losing 2 out of his first 6 games and media laying into him fans moaning Mancini signings moaning the media will have a field day Mancini has won the premier and Fa cup

EaglesFan said:

He's not a 'good' manager? What's the definition of a 'good' manager to you?

The man is a great manager and a so-so start to the season doesn't change that.

I think you need to read up on Mancini's time spent managing in Italy.

Your perception that because Klopp hasn't spent much money means that he's the reason the players are good is flawed. A large amount of his players were brought through the German school of excellence that was set up back in 1999 meaning they were well trained from a very early age. He's obviously set them up well and they've won 2 league titles but it doesn't mean he's been flawless. They've started every season poorly under him; they only got 4 points from the Champions League last year also.

Do you really think he could do a better job than Mancini, seeing as you are basing all your argument on one game were indeed they completely outclassed us but it's not indicative of a chronic problem?

we had 64% possession last night, and i think we created about half the chances they did.

we play far to slowly in Europe. Against poorer premier league opponents its easy as you can create chances. But against top quailty European teams that know how to press high up the pitch and defend in numbers whilst still pressuring the ball with 2/3 players, then you have to change and move the ball quickly from back to front. When they had the ball they had options all through the 90 minutes and broke with amazing speed. we slow everything down. Mancini currently has no plan B when playing against teams like that. if Zab and Clichy are covered we dont know how to go forward.

and im sorry to say Rodwell is a very poor player on performances so far !!!

Facts are facts and Mancini's european record is poor, noone can argue with that and the perception is amongst some is that he is very tactically naive in Europe.
This could ultimately be his undoing.

I don't buy into the we need time theory, all the players are experienced at international level and something is wrong when we play in the champions league that makes us look like a team of strangers.
He needs to sort it.

Facts are facts and Mancini's european record is poor,

Mancini`s "Poor" record is winning 23 out of 49 games.
Wenger 22 out of his first 49
Ferguson 24 out of his first 49

It takes 3-5 years to build a team capable of taking on the best in europe, Roberto has had his own players together for how long ?, nor can you judge him over the last two entries into the chumpions league without taking into consideration that we have been drawn in the toughest group both times

He has won the FA cup and title already while smashing records that have stood for years, including thrashing red shite on their own midden 1-6.............Those are the facts you need to pay attention to.

I wish after every poor performance people wouldn't always question the manager, Mancini is easily our best manager for a generation and is our second most successful manager of all time (only a couple more trophies will make him most successful ever.)

If we sat on our laurels after last season teams would catch up and overtake us, so he is trying to improve us by giving us more options hence the 3-5-2. It isn't working so far but no reason why we won't get better the longer the season goes on. Last night though 3-5-2 was definitely a mistake, should have gone 4-5-1/4-3-3, I would like to see Yaya in the more advanced role in Europe even if that means only one up front

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.