Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

Re: Reality Check.

We just didn't turn up tonight but we all hope these kind of efforts don't start becoming more frequent than not.

For all the hype about how important it was to perform well and get the win, we didn't walk the walk by any stretch.

Midfield was slow and lethargic and like the defense unorganised and easily bossed and overrun.

Lots of issues for the club to work on before Saturday and it will be interesting to see when or if we can regain our spark and work rate required to push on in the premiership.

Many will say its too premature but we won't go through to the next stage as we lack the ability and capacity to out think and out skill sides that can press us on the ball and can break quick with numbers which is what the other three can do and will do.

Our performances in the premiership have been well done on last season but the results have been comparable but we will need to up the anti.

Mancini says that lack of preseason and new players have contributed to this but these players are all seasoned professionals and should be doing better.

We will know more by the end of this month but the signs are not promising.

It would be very optimistic to expect us to win it so fast but passing the group stage wouldn't be a half bad thing.

This one is very, very hard but if we want to be one of top european teams we should pass it, specially after giant bullshit from last season when we HAD to pass it being 3 times team Napoli are.

Dropping again and Mancini might not be too safe as much as many City fans would like to think he would be. It hugely drops City profile and marketing potential and that is certainly very important to people who run the club.

It also doesn't help to come closer to first pot of CL draw and brings more death groups in the future. It would certainly be a big, big issue.

Fact is:

1) We got a point.
2) There's still four games left.
3) We had a number of clear-cut chances. (Aguero, Silva...)

As much as I'm frustrated with Mancini at the European stage, I would still stick with him.

Young said:
Fact is:

1) We got a point.
2) There's still four games left.
3) We had a number of clear-cut chances. (Aguero, Silva...)

As much as I'm frustrated with Mancini at the European stage, I would still stick with him.
Go back to red issue.

MCFC BOB said:
I remember when we were convinced we'd never win the Premier League under Mancini either, or a trophy for that matter.

We're just new at this. It took Ferguson and United six years to crack the Champions' League puzzle, so it'll take us even longer - especially when we've been drawn against three teams that have all had a crack at the Champions' League and won it.

All true. Slight quibble. Ferguson hasn't "cracked" the champions League. He has won it twice in 19 attempts having been seeded on every occasion. His current team failed to get out of a very weak group last year and has struggled against the might of Galatasaray at home and FC Cluj away, winning by a single goal.

As you allude to, we lost a five goal thriller against the Spanish Champions and drew at home against the Champions of Germany. Shit happens.

We will not win anything if we don't start defending properly, if it wasn't for Joe Hart we would have been hammered last night.

And as for YAYA there are no half measures either brilliant or garbage and the later was the case last night.

Lucky13 said:
We will never win the Champions League with Mancini.

Yer might have something there! Just as Roberto swaps and changes the starting eleven, we could have a different management team for the C1Cup, the FAC, the PL and the CL. Dya think Jose would be interested in taking us all the way, whilst Sparky could still get the gig for the C1Cup!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Lucky13 said:
We will never win the Champions League with Mancini.

Yer might have something there! Just as Roberto swaps and changes the starting eleven, we could have a different management team for the C1Cup, the FAC, the PL and the CL. Dya think Jose would be interested in taking us all the way, whilst Sparky could still get the gig for the C1Cup!

I don't want to replace Mancini and I think we'll win the league, but the way we've gone about the CL this season makes me question Mancini's ability at that level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.