Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

LoveCity said:
waspish said:
Apparently that's the best Ajax have played ever tonight against a top team I guarantee they will lose this weekend

Dortmund the same, makes you laugh doesn't it... we're more than a scalp, we're the ultimate cup final now. And we have to raise our level to meet it or there will be many more days like this where the underdog beats us and marks the event with a fookin' public holiday. Arsenal are still on their open-top bus parade from drawing with us.

There was a reporter waxing lyrical about how good Ajax were and saying how good it was beating the team with oil then he quickly said that's what they say over here about city they are the team with oil

conormcfc said:
MCFC BOB said:
We can beat West Brom with a bit of effort because we are superior to them. We are not superior to Ajax on the pitch at all so the belief disappears.

Bollocks.

Real are superior to us, Dortmund possibly. Ajax are not a better football team than us, no chance.

Have to disagree technically each and every one of there players were so comfortable on and Under pressure on the ball than most of ours

Well, that was shit.

The only good thing was that I saw Gerard Weikens outside the stadium before the match. Wasn't able to talk to him because I was on the way to collect my ticket. Had his kids with him and they were both wearing City scarves. Great to see him there.

We have the ability to beat ANYONE on our day. The problem seems to be that big European days seem like they are not currently "our day."

Personally, I think we need to have a system and a group of players that play in that system. Ajax had about 5 technically proficient James Milners in their team and NO recognized centre forward.
A lesson!

waspish said:
conormcfc said:
MCFC BOB said:
We can beat West Brom with a bit of effort because we are superior to them. We are not superior to Ajax on the pitch at all so the belief disappears.

Bollocks.

Real are superior to us, Dortmund possibly. Ajax are not a better football team than us, no chance.

Have to disagree technically each and every one of there players were so comfortable on and Under pressure on the ball than most of ours
ajax played a lot better today than they normally do. They are really inconsistent and technically not better than City. ajax are pressurised a lot more in the Eredivisie because they are very weak when you hassle and tackle them. They are a team of full of young immature midgets who can pass a ball around if you let them.

City were lacklustre today, played like cowards, sat back, allowed an okay team to dominate and got what they deserve.

City could easily win 5-0 at home but they need the energy and a bit of intimidation towards their players. It doesn't take a whole lot to beat them.

Despite a fairly easy schedule so far in the Eredivisie, ajax have won 4 and drawn 5.

Should you have five minutes, why not take a glance over my 'considered' thoughts on tonight's performance?
<a class="postlink" href="http://richardcanham.tumblr.com/post/34262192102/champions-league-misery-continues-for-mancini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://richardcanham.tumblr.com/post/34 ... or-mancini</a>

"our premium category players will feel little bit awkward about these CL fiasco's."

This is everything that is wrong with football. Its a team or not a team, emphasised tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.