Al Jazeera vs. Sky

£3.018billion raised from UK TV sale rights, up 82% from three years ago. This is going to help big time with FFP. The PL should start appreciating us, we probably added a fortune to the value of the rights.

LoveCity said:
£3.018billion raised from UK TV sale rights, up 82% from three years ago. This is going to help big time with FFP. The PL should start appreciating us, we probably added a fortune to the value of the rights.

Wow that a massive improvement wonder how much the winner of premier will get for season 2013/14

LoveCity said:

I think next month the overseas rights are up for auction too. I would bet it doubles, with Asia, Middle East, and USA.

I know here in America there are three providers wanting PL. ESPN, Fox (Sky), and Al Jazeera,

Al Jazeera just started anew channel after securing, Serie A, and La Liga,

Well, that FFPR done and dusted then :-) 80% more revenue from TV rights. Platini can stick that up his arse when PSG get 50p and a pack of fruit pastilles for their TV rights, bwhahaha

I wouldn't mind betting that the climax to this season had a big bearing on the value of the PL rights deal.

I'd also bet pretty heavily on the last gmes of next season somehow, surprisingly, being us vs. the rags, or us vs. chelsea???

How the hell do you watch the BT games, do you have to have that BT vision thing? Well they will do as well as Setanta then.

Blue Maverick said:
How the hell do you watch the BT games, do you have to have that BT vision thing? Well they will do as well as Setanta then.

It streams via broadband, I can get it installed for free as a BT employee but haven't bothered in the past as couldn't justify paying Sky & BT Vision subscriptions and there's a lot I watch on Sky that BT Vision doesn't cover. I might go for the basic package now though if I can get the footie as an extra (cheap I hope) especially as they have picked up the Watch and FX channels also I think.

Good deal for BT, this will get them plenty of new subscribers - compared to the amount they have currently.

BT are launching a channel dedicated to PL on Sky, Virgin and obviously BT Vision.

These are NOT the 38 ESPN had. They won package A which is technically the best available and a huge loss for Sky. BT now have about 18 first picks. You are likely to see the Manchester and N London derbies there. Probably a lot of big 4 clashes too

Blue Maverick said:

They are bound to broadcast it on other platforms as well, though it will probably be a bit cheaper on BT Vision as a bundled pack with broadband and phone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.