Alan Green - Hate Him or Love Him?

What is noticeable on 606, is that on any given programme on a day when City have done something memorable (and there were times aplenty last season) Green pleads to City fans to phone in, but he rarely gets any City callers.
And the ones he does get all have strange Home Counties accents.

The opinionated bag of rancid piss has slagged off City so many times I've lost count, I remember him criticising the Sheikh banner at the Etihad, his constant sniping at Balotelli and all things Tevez and if Mancini makes a defensive substitution the "typical Italian" is dusted off for good measure.

Huge chunks of play are never commented on as Green prefers to educate his radio audience with his mind numbing opinions on the state of football, the weather, the refs, anything that pops into a mind uncluttered with any real football knowledge and free of any obligation to do his bloody job, which is to tell us what's happening on the pitch.

He was very good when he started out, unfortunately he then started to believe his own publicity, now I cant stand him.

I try to avoid him these days, but when forced to listen to him can't say that I find him particularly anti City. To be honest I disliked him most when we were rubbish, because of his condescending manner. He always sounded as if it was beneath him to have commentate on us unless we were playing a top 4 team.I rememember him commentating on a City v Everton game and saying "I'd much rather be watching Coronation Street" in a sneering tone.

Like others I turn the radio off when he is on. Doesn't commentate anymore. He just spouts the world according to Alan Green to anybody stupid enough to still have the radio on. The sooner they get rid the better.

Hate is a strong word but I think it is fair to use it for this odious Twot.

I fucking desest the pompous, self-opinionated bastard and I have done for years, ever since I first remember hearing him on Radio 5.

I think everybody has captured what a twat he is with their comments and I agree that he has always seemed anti-City, even long before HH Sheikh Mansour bought us.

EDIT.

However, I should have added that if it's a choice between Green and Stan 'More you, less me' Collymoron on the post-match phone-in, I would listen to him, but only because there are no ads.

cibaman said:
He was very good when he started out, unfortunately he then started to believe his own publicity, now I cant stand him.

I try to avoid him these days, but when forced to listen to him can't say that I find him particularly anti City. To be honest I disliked him most when we were rubbish, because of his condescending manner. He always sounded as if it was beneath him to have commentate on us unless we were playing a top 4 team.I rememember him commentating on a City v Everton game and saying "I'd much rather be watching Coronation Street" in a sneering tone.

That's a very good point, for years when Green was "forced" to comment on a City match, he sounded as if he'd rather gargle dog shit while having root canal work performed with a rusty razor blade.

A man who has most likely never played the game to any decent level and yet appears to feel perfectly qualified to criticise professional footballers for any shortcomings he can pick up on.

A man who invites callers on to 606 and then cuts them off if they start to get the upper hand in disagreeing with his opinion.

Probably the worst type of commentator - more interested in what he wants to say than what the listening public need to hear. A plonker of the highest order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.