Alan Henning - how should we respond?

bluemanc said:
I know I have called for leaving Muslims to sort their 'problem child' out, but I know the consequences of such thought and the mayhem that will ensue
Problem is its not just Muslims wanting to wipe Muslims out like for example is more or less happening in Pakistan.
These people believe everyone but them should be wiped off the face of the Earth.
In England we have already seen in Birmingham a banker of the Islamic state infiltrating a School & trying to add this core belief into an Education System.
I'm not sure these people are as removed from Islam as SOME people think,the answer is remove the waters they swim in BUT as seen in Ireland even when you do that they find a reason to continue the "struggle".
We really do need to go back to basics here and look after own and protect our own homeland.

We do not have the resources to commit to a long drawn out conflict, which is what it will be.

We should concentrate or efforts and resources on managing our own country and dealing with terrorists without mercy. If we persist in going to their lands and inflicting our values on them then I'm afraid we are opening the door for them to come and seek revenge.

I fully appreciate innocents will continue to be slaughtered tortured and raped which is absolutely abhorrent but, I'm afraid our actions overseas is not going to do anything go reduced or diminish that threat.

I just cannot understand why people need to behave in such an atrocious way.

Get out and protect this land that we lived in.

Western media should IGNORE these be headings. Much as they are gruesome and medieval, they are designed as terrorist acts and only serve to inflame public opinion. I, for one, haven't interest in seeing or even hearing about them ever again.

It is war. War is hell. People who go into a war zone, even if they go to try to help, are fair game in the war propaganda machine, and we are letting our ever so delicate 21st century sensibilities drive us into a war.

Let the big boys do what they do, as loudly or as quietly as they want to. That is what we pay them to do and we are glad for it. This is not a public relations war, it is a centuries old religious factional conflict that will continue unabated for a few more centuries, even if it appears to have gone away at some point in the near future. Sunni, Shia, Kurd, Syrian, Iraqi, and who knows which other factions will be fighting over this godforsaken land long after the oil has all dried up and we have lost interest.

However, for now, let the military leaders and scholars who understand the situation do what they need to do to quell the current upsurge in violence, and let's the rest of us ignore the brutality designed solely to inflame and provoke us.

What are isis' aims? What are they actually hoping to achieve by the killings? Do they want to have their own recognised state?

Just caught up with this thread. You and your family have my condolences Kev.

I find it astounding that YouTube, twitter etc can't avoid this horrendous stuff being broadcast via their medium. No doubt if it could make them a few dollars out of it then they would develop software to screen this vile shit out.

Ducado said:
There is a small but growing Islamic reform movement that is attempting to move Islam closer to accommodating modern western liberal values

Are they rewriting the holy texts?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.