Alan [Merged]

Brazilian players go by nicknames, and so they have the choice of any name on the world, usually the more exotic and outlandish the better. Instead, this guy, a Brazilian flair player, made the conscious decision to choose possibly the most mundane, nondescript and boring name in the English language. The name of a local government accountant or geography teacher rather than a mercurial match winner.
Hope that explains it for you, alanmc

Cambridgeblue said:
johnmc said:
Fair enough. But there was more noise when Alan was on the pitch than when mario was subbed off.

I don't find the name Allan funny. I don't get singing about the opposition. Yeah the game was won fine.

Still, i don't find it funny.

For god's sake move on... yes you didn't find it funny, yes you are in the minority... nobody is going to explain why it's funny or not to you because it's a matter of taste and a matter of context too.

Word of advice though, lighten the fuck up - you'll live longer.

I'm very lightened pal. Don't worry about me

The reason no one has explained is because you are laughing at the name Alan and it isn't funny.

I understand the atmosphere was better because of it but that's not my argument is it.

LongsightM13 said:
Brazilian players go by nicknames, and so they have the choice of any name on the world, usually the more exotic and outlandish the better. Instead, this guy, a Brazilian flair player, made the conscious decision to choose possibly the most mundane, nondescript and boring name in the English language. The name of a local government accountant or geography teacher rather than a mercurial match winner.
Hope that explains it for you, alanmc

Still don't get the joke.

Jo and Fred.

And you know a lot about Alan to say he is a flair player so you must have heard it before?

SWP's back said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:
ignore him johnmc,he's even pm'd me with his pish.
Lies again, the mods can confirm you pm'd me first.

So you agree it wasn't funny?
of course it was funny,i started a thread about it ffs.
and my da is bigger than your da (and mine died in 2006),
so stick that up yer pipe and puff

deynaskaz said:
RBmk2 said:
Don't know where he came from,I'm sure we'll never know
It was on a Wednesday night,watching City in the snow,
But for 34 years we've been living next door to Alan....

Im pissing myself got to be the new city anthem...

second part of the verse..

The scum have got a banner bout us waiting for a cup
But win it lose or draw,we don't give a flying fuck
Cos for 34 years we've been living next door to Alan...

TTTCITYBHOY said:
SWP's back said:
Lies again, the mods can confirm you pm'd me first.

So you agree it wasn't funny?
of course it was funny,i started a thread about it ffs.
and my da is bigger than your da (and mine died in 2006),
so stick that up yer pipe and puff
So i was arguing in favour of your topic and you have a go, then back someone saying it isn't funny.

Then lie about me pming you.

Then tell me your dad is dead (condolences)

Strange man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.