Alan [Merged]

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Carvalho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Carvalho</a>

Home now so can type properly.

Jo got many songs, so did Mario, AJ, and Micah. The Alan thing was a great laugh and epitomised our humour. In that cold, we needed something, Alan provided. Great banter, even the Salzburg fans joined in after his shot near the end.

Great times, made better by the fact the mrs won a pub quiz and a crate of ale, which she wont drink, now sat in my fridge with a day off tomorrow.

Re: This Alan malarkey is Not funny

Ric said:
johnmc said:
We have a Brazilian called Jo. Why not 5 or 6 songs for him?

To be fair, there were far more than 5 or 6 songs for Jo. His name was being sung relentlessly in 111, especially in the first half. You said you were at the game, so not sure how you failed to notice that?

As for the Alan songs, it was light hearted banter that helped pass the evening. Not really sure why you're so affronted by it?!

Yeah go on Ric.

Ban him!

BanHim.jpg

johnmc said:
Cambridgeblue said:
For god's sake move on... yes you didn't find it funny, yes you are in the minority... nobody is going to explain why it's funny or not to you because it's a matter of taste and a matter of context too.

Word of advice though, lighten the fuck up - you'll live longer.

I'm very lightened pal. Don't worry about me

The reason no one has explained is because you are laughing at the name Alan and it isn't funny.

I understand the atmosphere was better because of it but that's not my argument is it.

What about if he'd been called Brian? Brian the Brazilian? Would that make you laugh? or Derek?

Oh my giddy aunt. Team being outclassed away from home brings on a skinny Brazilian striker/winger who puts his head down and tries to score every time he gets the ball.
Meanwhile, in a parallel universe, alanmc asks me how do I know he's supposed to be a flair player.
You're right Alan, he's Nigel in disguise.
Jesus wept, you really couldn't make this place up sometimes

Classic Manchester City fan humour
At one point Salzburg attacked had a shot but missed followed by

"You should have passed to Allen " From the South Stand

Brilliant !

1,000's found it funny,1 didnt.Our weird sense of humour is what makes City fans stand out.We all remember the Boro 8-1 game and cheering THEIR goals.Its what makes being a City fan is all about.Bananas?,why yellow bananas at a game when we play in blue.Fancy dress at Stoke. Its called humour.

ultimateharold said:
Home now so can type properly.

Jo got many songs, so did Mario, AJ, and Micah. The Alan thing was a great laugh and epitomised our humour. In that cold, we needed something, Alan provided. Great banter, even the Salzburg fans joined in after his shot near the end.

Great times, made better by the fact the mrs won a pub quiz and a crate of ale, which she wont drink, now sat in my fridge with a day off tomorrow.
whats yer address mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.