Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

It's different approaches for different people really. Get the idea of what you're saying but it's often a complicated/multifaceted issue behind the problem to begin with. Probably one of the best threads on here at the moment.
Totally agree what ever works for the individual,I was always worried that say I just drank at weekends ,it would spread back to Friday and before I knew it I'd be back to full time drinking ,
Didn't want to just have 1 drink as I would justify it to myself I'd be fine on 2 etc
So for me it was all or nothing .
We all drank for a reason mainly running away from crap going on ,but the alcohol just made the problems worse when sober

On sunday when i decided i had to stop for good.I thought it was symbolic to throw away all my cans in the fridge,i have a big fridge in the conservatory just for cans,I told my wife,I'll give them to my brother in law because its just daft to pour them all way.
My sister came on monday and was unable to take more than about 20% of them cos i used to buy in bulk with supermarket offers,and she could fit no more in her car.Its madness.

Iv made my mind up though,and i know i can do it,its for the best all round.
That's a different approach than I had I'd bulk buy and drink them straight from the freezer to get them cold quicker

When I went to Madrid to watch City a few years back, I was gobsmacked to see so many guys in their 50s absolutely smashed. On the floor on the tube network unable to talk or walk a few were . I love a good few ales personally but if I had to drink mass produced larger or nothing for the rest of my life I would give it up .

I really don’t know what the modern description of an alcoholic is? I rarely drink Monday to Friday and rarely on Sunday but I drink like a fish Friday/Saturday, I can’t just drink with the flow either, I’m up getting an interim and sometimes 2 while my mates are happy with one…
Presume I’m a binge drinker but if so, is that a form of alcoholism??

I really don’t know what the modern description of an alcoholic is? I rarely drink Monday to Friday and rarely on Sunday but I drink like a fish Friday/Saturday, I can’t just drink with the flow either, I’m up getting an interim and sometimes 2 while my mates are happy with one…
Presume I’m a binge drinker but if so, is that a form of alcoholism??
A professional will probably say that's more dangerous than drinking every day . But personally i would say that your body is getting a good break midweek. I worked with nordic lad's and they would drink for days none stop and then not touch a drop for weeks .

Like telling a gambler that fuck it its only money. What a clueless insensitive post what's the matter with you. Posting that at 10 to 1 probably half cut trying to justify why you're a pisshead.
I see where you are coming on, but I though best not to jump on him, he may have issues which he is too afraid to address yet or he was just being a selfish unthoughtful prick

When I went to Madrid to watch City a few years back, I was gobsmacked to see so many guys in their 50s absolutely smashed. On the floor on the tube network unable to talk or walk a few were . I love a good few ales personally but if I had to drink mass produced larger or nothing for the rest of my life I would give it up .
I think the problem is that people get carried away. It’s abroad to watch City in Europe. We were shit for decades and the novelty is still there for some. I tend to find the beer in Spain is stronger too. That plus heat plus mob mentality.

I rarely, if ever, drink at home. If there’s no beer in my flat then it’s forced sobriety. I think I last had some in to watch Wales v Iran in the World Cup as it was 10am KO and the pubs weren’t open. That certainly helps. No rounds. Nobody plonking a pint in front of you that you didn’t want.

I see where you are coming on, but I though best not to jump on him, he may have issues which he is too afraid to address yet or he was just being a selfish unthoughtful prick
My apologies to anyone i may have offended with my post, it has been misinterpreted, it was aimed at people who occasionally overindulge and not at people with serious addiction, in retrospect i should have made that point, again my apologies.

A stalwart at work retired last year and I casually asked if he was having a drink after. He explained he didn’t drink and I was all “That’s rare! Well done you.” He says he won’t even go to pubs because people try and get him to drink and brand him boring.

That’s incredibly unnecessary, IMO.

My apologies to anyone i may have offended with my post, it has been misinterpreted, it was aimed at people who occasionally overindulge and not at people with serious addiction, in retrospect i should have made that point, again my apologies.
No harm done pal, I didn’t think you were posting with malice, but I must say some of the stories in this thread are galling and yet incredibly inspirational. To hear the personal lows some have stooped to and their personal triumph is really special. Stories of severe addiction to spirits/ cider, being on deaths door you could say, to people who have lost families, friends, self respect, job, their house etc. and having turned a corner, makes you proud of fellow blues.
We are constantly fed bad news from main stream media, I mean they even hate my football team FFS! This thread is helping lots of people, either to question their relationship with alcohol, cut back or quit completely so it has to be a positive space.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.