Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

I know what you're saying but conversely, there are a growing number of people achieving the realisation that actually "a few extra tipples" just isn't worth it whether that's because it exacerbates mental or physical health issues, or it causes issues in relationships, or its detracting from quality of life in another way.
Personally I love that this thread exists, I'm even a little bit proud that it exists on a football forum populated primarily by men, and the fact that it's so active suggests that there's a need for it.
I don't think that it's preachy; you won't find me talking about a sober existence on other threads but if the support available here helps one person who has recognised that they want to reasses their relationship with alcohol then its a positive thing.
No one is forced to read this thread, just as no one is forced to read the F1 or Angling thread. But the reality is that this thread regularly appears on the 1st page of Off Topic, as does the What Are You Drinking thread. Bluemoon is a broad church and, is all the better for that.
Well said ,my doctor said to me ,I'm not going to lecture you as you know what your doing is fucking stupid ,you will reach a tipping point where it's up to you to make a decision,choose the right one ,
I did that day came the fridge was emptied and havnt touched a drop in over 10 years now .
I personally found it easy as I had too much to loose ,but everyday I treat as a battle between me and alcohol and I ain't going to loose this one .

I have absolutely no idea why anybody would give up life's little pleasures. context, the universe is 14.5 billion years old, the Earth 4.5. If by over indulging knocks a few years of your life, so be it, the average life span for a UK male is approx 79 years old, if having a few extra tipples shortens your life by a few years, it is literally fuck all in the scheme of things. Indulge in what ever pleasure you have and don't feel pressured by the Media and people who think they know how to live your life.

Dickhead. You know exactly what you’re really doing with this post.

Last edited:
I personally love this thread but it also annoys me in one way ,I think anyone who posts on here knows their self it's not right what they are doing and cutting it down dosnt kinda wash for me it's playing at getting better ,also drinking 0% beers isn't for me I don't see the point of putting the taste back in my mouth that caused me much trouble over the years ,looking back all alcohol tastes horrible it's the effect we crave ,the getting away from stuff ,the escape .
That's just my opinions,I admire everyone on here trying to be a better person in whatever method works for them
Good luck everyone,you have got this beat if YOU want it enough

I personally love this thread but it also annoys me in one way ,I think anyone who posts on here knows their self it's not right what they are doing and cutting it down dosnt kinda wash for me it's playing at getting better ,also drinking 0% beers isn't for me I don't see the point of putting the taste back in my mouth that caused me much trouble over the years ,looking back all alcohol tastes horrible it's the effect we crave ,the getting away from stuff ,the escape .
That's just my opinions,I admire everyone on here trying to be a better person in whatever method works for them
Little by little mate, small steps are better than not at all.

I post on here just to try and show a bit of support to people that may feel as though they're on their own.

I don't have an issue with drink personally, I did dry Jan and can feel the benefits of having cut down a bit on the booze in general, but I'm not really the target audience of this thread per se.

If this thread helps one or two people then it's serving a purpose, it's certainly not going to help everyone, as ultimately you can only help yourself.

It's different approaches for different people really. Get the idea of what you're saying but it's often a complicated/multifaceted issue behind the problem to begin with. Probably one of the best threads on here at the moment.

Well said ,my doctor said to me ,I'm not going to lecture you as you know what your doing is fucking stupid ,you will reach a tipping point where it's up to you to make a decision,choose the right one ,
I did that day came the fridge was emptied and havnt touched a drop in over 10 years now .
I personally found it easy as I had too much to loose ,but everyday I treat as a battle between me and alcohol and I ain't going to loose this one .
On sunday when i decided i had to stop for good.I thought it was symbolic to throw away all my cans in the fridge,i have a big fridge in the conservatory just for cans,I told my wife,I'll give them to my brother in law because its just daft to pour them all way.
My sister came on monday and was unable to take more than about 20% of them cos i used to buy in bulk with supermarket offers,and she could fit no more in her car.Its madness.

Iv made my mind up though,and i know i can do it,its for the best all round.

I have absolutely no idea why anybody would give up life's little pleasures. context, the universe is 14.5 billion years old, the Earth 4.5. If by over indulging knocks a few years of your life, so be it, the average life span for a UK male is approx 79 years old, if having a few extra tipples shortens your life by a few years, it is literally fuck all in the scheme of things. Indulge in what ever pleasure you have and don't feel pressured by the Media and people who think they know how to live your life.

This logic could be applied to pretty much any problem or addiction. I don't think I've known any alcoholic or addict that is genuinely happy with their situation though, and I don't believe that a happy alcoholic would be posting in this thread as they would be satisfied with their lot.

I know for a fact that i'd enjoy the feeling of opioids and could probably ruin my life as I descend down the spiral, robbing and stealing to feed an addiction thats ever harder to obtain. But it's ok, a bloke on Bluemoon said I'll most likely be dead by 79 and I should do what I like and ignore all those naysayers

I know for a fact that i'd enjoy the feeling of opioids and could probably ruin my life as I descend down the spiral, robbing and stealing to feed an addiction thats ever harder to obtain. But it's ok, a bloke on Bluemoon said I'll most likely be dead by 79 and I should do what I like and ignore all those naysayers
Haha some perspective

Like telling a gambler that fuck it its only money. What a clueless insensitive post what's the matter with you. Posting that at 10 to 1 probably half cut trying to justify why you're a pisshead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.