Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

5 months no booze for me as of midnight, didn't even want to give up and only drank a couple of times a month but binged if I was out , but I come across that huberman podcast vid and haven't touched a drop since.

Hardwork sometimes on a Friday or Saturday driving past a pub in the evening makes me gasp for a pint and you feel like you're missing out on something. But the positives to not drinking have been greater than me getting pissed and wasting me weekend ill.

5 months no booze for me as of midnight, didn't even want to give up and only drank a couple of times a month but binged if I was out , but I come across that huberman podcast vid and haven't touched a drop since.

Hardwork sometimes on a Friday or Saturday driving past a pub in the evening makes me gasp for a pint and you feel like you're missing out on something. But the positives to not drinking have been greater than me getting pissed and wasting me weekend ill.
Well done mate

Well done. I'm weaning myself off slowly but surely. People like you checking in and saying how well you feel, inspire me and others

Great work pal. Well done.

Everytime I go past the pub I get that little pang quickIy remembering there's nothing in there for me. Only misery for those around me.

One day at a time. That's all we've got.

I need to watch that podcast, anything to help support my resolve is welcome

Do you know how dangerous a post like that is on a thread where people are openly sharing their struggle with addiction?, completely irresponsible and needs removing now. If one person who has managed to walk away from the booze reads that and agrees with you, then you have set them back years in their recovery.
Yes I agree, my mum used to have a glass of wine and a brandy every night and my Dad two glasses of wine then a whisky or gin. However they were very disciplined and to them it was enjoyment. They lived until 83 and 89 respectively and passed from non drink related illnesses, no problem with their recreational drinking.

However, at the moment one of my younger Blue friends is going through an horrendous time in hospital through the booze, he’s 41 and been in Tameside Hospital since the start of the New Year. He’s less than 6 stone in weight, being fed through his stomach and had severe symptoms from diabetes. All down to drinking to huge excess, I’d see him in the morning buying cans of beer from the local shop but really don’t know what else he was consuming. His latest hospitalisation came after drinking just one pint of beer, his liver is so severely damaged. His best mate is on Bluemoon and he’s an absolute rock visiting the hospital a couple of times a week, he lives in Altrincham so not round the corner.

Our friend has show small signs of recovery just this last week but if he survives he’ll never be able to take even one drop of alcohol.

I think it’s important to stress those who have opened up on their condition have been so brave, not just for them but for their families, they need huge support and encouragement. It’s fine for those who have a few pints here and there or have a blow out now and again but those “sufferers” on here aren’t built like that.

Good luck all, it takes a tremendous amount of courage and resilience to overcome this “condition”.

Last edited:
Yes I agree, my mum used to have a glass of wine and a brandy every night and my Dad two glasses of wine then a whisky or gin. However they were very disciplined and to them it was enjoyment. They lived until 83 and 89 respectively and passed from non drink related illnesses, no problem with their recreational drinking.

However, at the moment one of my younger Blue friends is going through an horrendous time in hospital through the booze, he’s 41 and been in Tameside Hospital since the start of the New Year. He’s less than 6 stone in weight, being fed through his stomach and had severe symptoms from diabetes. All down to drinking to huge excess, I’d see him in the morning buying cans of beer from the local shop but really don’t know what else he was consuming. His latest hospitalisation came after drinking just one pint of beer, his liver is so severely damaged. His best mate is on Bluemoon and he’s an absolute rock visiting the hospital a couple of times a week, he lives in Altrincham so not round the corner.

Our friend has show small signs of recovery just this last week but if he survives he’ll never be able to take even one drop of alcohol.

I think it’s important to stress those who have opened up on their condition have been so brave, not just for them but for their families, they need huge support and encouragement. It’s fine for those who have a few pints here and there or have a blow out now and again but those “sufferers” on here aren’t built like that.

Good luck all, it takes a tremendous amount of courage and resilience to overcome this “condition”.
40s is the age where most people have to grow out of bozzing. For most it happens gradually in your 30s. I've got some mates who never slowed down and by the time you hit 40s your mates are not in pub anymore as everyone is at home with kids and busy lives. Those that don't slow down end up drinking at home and often alone and that becomes a slippery slope. Two of my mates - mid 40s have ended up on hospital over the last year.

40s is the age where most people have to grow out of bozzing. For most it happens gradually in your 30s. I've got some mates who never slowed down and by the time you hit 40s your mates are not in pub anymore as everyone is at home with kids and busy lives. Those that don't slow down end up drinking at home and often alone and that becomes a slippery slope. Two of my mates - mid 40s have ended up on hospital over the last year.
Nailed it pal, he split up with a lovely girl whilst in his mid 20’s and as his peers went in to have kids//partners he continued living with his Dad who was out at work all day. He worked but rarely stayed in a job for more than a few months, then back on the booze. He’s a very intelligent lad as well, no discrimination with alcohol.

Its gonna be very very odd and strange for me tomorrow night,
going to the game without any alcohol,first game since newcastle
as I couldn't go to palace on saturday because of work.
I'm on an early and will be home by 1.15 pm tomorrow,that
would normally mean starting on cans about 3 pm and
going to a pub near the ground by 6 / 6.15 pm.

Ninth day for me atm,tomorrow will be my tenth and an hard one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.