Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

It can definitely take a while to get your sleep pattern back and you will need to learn to fall asleep naturally again.

Something over the counter like Nytol might help you short term but it's only delaying the inevitable and you're swopping one sleep aid (alcohol) for another (nytol). Of course we all know how alcohol also causes poor quality sleep so it really is worth sticking with trying to relearn how to sleep.

Loads of great advice online - ideas around establishing a night time routine, listening to sleep podcasts etc.
Like all things, you could wait for it to get better (it will, eventually) or, you could try some new techniques to help you sleep.

The suggestion to involve your GP is also worth thinking about as your body is going to be going through some pretty radical changes which will be impacting you in many different ways.

Finally, very well done for taking the steps you're already taking, including posting about it and happy belated birthday!

Just checking in and although not perfect my sleep drastically improved last night in comparison to previously. I was in bed for midnight and although I woke twice in the night I feel more refreshed. The dull post drinking headache I was waking with also seems to have vanished.

The restlessness and general sweats/clamminess that was also making things problematic seemed to have calmed down as well.

I decided against the nytol in the end to see if things calmed down naturally? so far so good but it's baby steps in comparison but thanks to those who have offered help/advice/guidance etc.

Just checking in and although not perfect my sleep drastically improved last night in comparison to previously. I was in bed for midnight and although I woke twice in the night I feel more refreshed. The dull post drinking headache I was waking with also seems to have vanished.

The restlessness and general sweats/clamminess that was also making things problematic seemed to have calmed down as well.

I decided against the nytol in the end to see if things calmed down naturally? so far so good but it's baby steps in comparison but thanks to those who have offered help/advice/guidance etc.
Fcking brilliant, mate. Remember, hurdles are for jumping.

Have any of you done any liver function tests?
I see Superdrug do tests for under £40, is it worth it?
NHS health check for 40 to 74 year olds now includes the Liver test

NHS health check for 40 to 74 year olds now includes the Liver test

Think this is only available in England.
Free prescriptions Scotland vs Free NHS Health check England?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.