Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

A full week completed. As I stated previously I wake feeling more refreshed. Not fully refreshed - I'm hoping in time that will come? but certainly better than being hungover.

I am finding now though that I'm getting to sleep easier slowly but surely and although the temptation this morning was to lie in I decided against it and was in the shower just gone 7am. Hopefully the knock on effects will be tiredness more early tonight.

I've found keeping the bedroom cooler at night also helps as well as switching off electric equipment and solidly reading for an hour or so before attempting sleep. I've hammered Dennis Tuearts/David Whites and Paul Lakes autobiographies this last 5 evenings or so.

Also after looking I've now found the Huberman Podcast mentioned earlier in this thread so will be having a listen intently to that.

It does seem strange nipping into Aldi and not heading straight down the aisles to the alcohol section at the back of the shop but I guess it's about breaking habits.

Finally good luck this weekend to those also wanting change. I'm guessing the weekend is the most difficult time for many. I'll post again next week.

A full week completed. As I stated previously I wake feeling more refreshed. Not fully refreshed - I'm hoping in time that will come? but certainly better than being hungover.

I am finding now though that I'm getting to sleep easier slowly but surely and although the temptation this morning was to lie in I decided against it and was in the shower just gone 7am. Hopefully the knock on effects will be tiredness more early tonight.

I've found keeping the bedroom cooler at night also helps as well as switching off electric equipment and solidly reading for an hour or so before attempting sleep. I've hammered Dennis Tuearts/David Whites and Paul Lakes autobiographies this last 5 evenings or so.

Also after looking I've now found the Huberman Podcast mentioned earlier in this thread so will be having a listen intently to that.

It does seem strange nipping into Aldi and not heading straight down the aisles to the alcohol section at the back of the shop but I guess it's about breaking habits.

Finally good luck this weekend to those also wanting change. I'm guessing the weekend is the most difficult time for many. I'll post again next week.
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
Lao Tzu.

Sleep is so much better when you don’t have to wake up multiple times in the night to pee, have nightmare sweats, spinning rooms, migraines, have to take multiple Gavison tablets as heart is in so much pain, have dead numb limbs, suffer from dehydration and wake up gasping for a drink. The beauty now is you can get up early and go anywhere you want as you can drive. I was up and out the house on my bike by 7 this morning in the fresh cold air

Jordan Peterson is brilliant also if you can get past the Kermit voice.
Joking aside the content is absolutely brilliant and inspiring

Keep it up brother. 21 st day today sober for me

Sleep is so much better when you don’t have to wake up multiple times in the night to pee, have nightmare sweats, spinning rooms, migraines, have to take multiple Gavison tablets as heart is in so much pain, have dead numb limbs, suffer from dehydration and wake up gasping for a drink. The beauty now is you can get up early and go anywhere you want as you can drive. I was up and out the house on my bike by 7 this morning in the fresh cold air
Fair play. Everything you said about sleep the night after a big session is spot on. I got about 2 hours decent sleep last night with sweating the beer out. Awful

Keep it up brother. 21 st day today sober for me
Only 9 for me but i am already very proud about it. My brother in law is sober for about 4 years now, since the day he found out he is diabetic and need to buy victoza online for the rest of his life. From two-three beers/bottle of wine every single night he wend down to an absolute zero. He is my hero

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.