Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

I have been sorely tempted to break my 20 month run for two reasons: our astounding on-field performances and the fact that my 29 years of marriage ended three weeks ago and I'm living in a room in a flat of a friend until I sort my new life out.

Fuck knows how, but I've convinced myself that I still don't need alcohol to celebrate nor to drown my sorrows. (Six hours sat in a pub on my own drinking AF beer after walking out was a very weird experience.)

On my way to God's Own to see us lift the trophy today and will raise a bottle of Mountain Spring Sparkling to the lads.
I'm sorry, but also well done. Every day that you get through without a drink right now is a huge win.

I hold my hands up.
I'm going to Istanbul.
None of my family will be there.
And I'm thinking I'm going to cheat,cheating to myself I know,
after all the good work and rejection
of alcohol this is my mindset.

I held out last night and I'm going today.
FA cup final in 2 weeks too to navigate which I will be able to resist I think.
But four days away for the Champs league final maybe a bridge to far.
You've said it already. The only person you would be cheating is yourself. But you can only ever do the best you can in any given circumstances.

Fair enough,and while 58 shouldnt be old......then go swimming or for a decent walk,just do some exercise is my point.
Mate, i have never drove a car, i walk everywhere, i walk to work and back 5 days a week,I'm on my feet for 7 to 8 hours 5 days a week at work too, when I go shopping I walk, when I visit my elderly parents I walk there, I get enough excersise through that .

Somebody said this thread is wonderful because nobody judges anyone and it's a place to admit weakness..then Fantasy goes 'hold my beer'

Somebody said this thread is wonderful because nobody judges anyone and it's a place to admit weakness..then Fantasy goes 'hold my beer'
He meant well, a lot prescribe excersise for malaise and to combat other problems,I have no problem with his advice,I was just stating I get more than enough excersise as it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.