Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

@blue44 Where did you get the beer from? I’ve rarely, if ever, got booze in the flat so that stops me drinking. Interestingly, I bought four 330ml Corona for the boxing on Saturday just gone but ended up not drinking any as I wasn’t in the mood.

If your local pubs are as bad as some of mine then you won’t want to go out. Last night, the local thicko tried regurgitating a story where he claimed he kicked off with me for wearing a Switzerland shirt four years ago when England were playing. a) I don’t own a Switzerland jersey and b) Four years ago I was living in London. He was very sure it was me and wouldn’t let it go.

a few weeks away from 4 years of no booze.

It's great if anyone needs someone to talk to please message me.

AF beers are great if you have company, are going out or just want to relax with the taste but not get drunk.

Personal favourites of mine for AF are:

• Erdinger
  • Perlenbacher (Lidls version of Erdinger)
  • Asahi AF beers
  • Peroni
  • Lucky Saint.
Heineken's 0% is excellent, but does get overwhelming after a while.

Brewdogs IPA and Lager are nice as AF drinks but haven't had any in a long time, buy in bulk directly through them for money value as they are expensive.

AF beers are great if you have company, are going out or just want to relax with the taste but not get drunk.

• Erdinger
  • Asahi AF beers
  • Peroni
  • Lucky Saint.

Brewdogs IPA and Lager are nice as AF drinks but haven't had any in a long time, buy in bulk directly through them for money value as they are expensive.

Just started drinking that Perlenbacher AF really nice gonna take some camping this week.

• Erdinger
  • Asahi AF beers
  • Peroni
  • Lucky Saint.

Going to have to try the Peroni - tried the Corona and Guinness the last few days and it was definitely missing a certain something.............

been building up for weeks.
i admitted i will drink in istanbul a few weeks ago,so
thats been playing on my mind
my son as gone away for a few days with my sister
and my mrs is in work today,and I'm on my last day off.
so iv been crafty and done what i wanted to do for the
previous 86 days,its sad ,so fucking sad.iv had 4 large 650ml 5% bottles
so far and will stop around 2pm,she will be home around 6.15pm

its resentment,everything.
I did it all for my wife and son.
I had to visit my elderly parents last night
and told them,when they asked,
my wife as not said one single time
she is happy,proud,shocked etc etc that I'v stopped.
not one word of encouragment.

nevermind.

up the blues
I am genuinely in awe of your honesty blue.
I know how hard you've found the last 3 months, it's absolutely shone through in your posts. I couldn't have done what you've done - going away so early in your attempts to quit and being surrounded by other people drinking.
And I'm so disappointed for you that you haven't had the support you needed from the people you need it from the most.
Vent away all you like.
I hope that what you've done will be the catalyst for an honest, open conversation.
Go easy on yourself and don't see this as a fail. In between deciding to give up and my last drink, there were 4 occasions when temptation got the better of me but there's always a way back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.