Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Another sober title celebration done. Yes there's triggers everywhere, especially when the players are right on screen with a beer and champagne but it is what it is. It's the first one that does the damage and the damage will still be there when the players are kicking off at Brighton midweek and you've been kicked out because you was a **** tonight, tomorrow and Tuesday.

Remember it is your choice. You're not drinking because we've won, because it's the CL final, because you're happy, or because you're sad. You're drinking because you want a fucking drink and that is the plain truth. Fuck that. What's your excuse going to be on a random Tuesday in September?

If you can't do it safely, whilst keeping yourself and those in your immediate vicinity safe, then it ain't for you. Use those excuses you're trying to come up with for the next 3 weeks as motivation.

Make sure the only treble you see in the next month is 3 trophies on the Monday evening after the CL final.

Mate, i have never drove a car, i walk everywhere, i walk to work and back 5 days a week,I'm on my feet for 7 to 8 hours 5 days a week at work too, when I go shopping I walk, when I visit my elderly parents I walk there, I get enough excersise through that .

Fair play agaim,but youre missing my point.....get some exercise time that's also leisurely,and constructive in terms of wellbeing.You sound like youre running around like a blue arsed fly.....which then leads to reaching for the drink.

I do mean well,different circumstance,but exercise (weights) has been my medicine.

Get to the gym,give yourself a proper good hiding,take your mind completely off it.

This is the method I'm trying, but just doing things at home as I don't have an active gym membership right now. Doing in and around 70-100 push ups most days and lifting a 14kg kettlebell in a curl using both arms (dunno the real name for this but I'm sure you can imagine it), do 7-15 sets of 15 of those lifts. Been at that for around 3 weeks now and was surprised to find I gained weight, but I know my eating isn't great right now either as I've allowed myself naughty things as a treat for no alcohol.

Another sober title celebration done. Yes there's triggers everywhere, especially when the players are right on screen with a beer and champagne but it is what it is. It's the first one that does the damage and the damage will still be there when the players are kicking off at Brighton midweek and you've been kicked out because you was a **** tonight, tomorrow and Tuesday.

Remember it is your choice. You're not drinking because we've won, because it's the CL final, because you're happy, or because you're sad. You're drinking because you want a fucking drink and that is the plain truth. Fuck that. What's your excuse going to be on a random Tuesday in September?

If you can't do it safely, whilst keeping yourself and those in your immediate vicinity safe, then it ain't for you. Use those excuses you're trying to come up with for the next 3 weeks as motivation.

Make sure the only treble you see in the next month is 3 trophies on the Monday evening after the CL final.

Solid and honest advice.

That's a shame. What occurred, if you don't mind answering?
been building up for weeks.
i admitted i will drink in istanbul a few weeks ago,so
thats been playing on my mind
my son as gone away for a few days with my sister
and my mrs is in work today,and I'm on my last day off.
so iv been crafty and done what i wanted to do for the
previous 86 days,its sad ,so fucking sad.iv had 4 large 650ml 5% bottles
so far and will stop around 2pm,she will be home around 6.15pm

its resentment,everything.
I did it all for my wife and son.
I had to visit my elderly parents last night
and told them,when they asked,
my wife as not said one single time
she is happy,proud,shocked etc etc that I'v stopped.
not one word of encouragment.

nevermind.

up the blues

been building up for weeks.
i admitted i will drink in istanbul a few weeks ago,so
thats been playing on my mind
my son as gone away for a few days with my sister
and my mrs is in work today,and I'm on my last day off.
so iv been crafty and done what i wanted to do for the
previous 86 days,its sad ,so fucking sad.iv had 4 large 650ml 5% bottles
so far and will stop around 2pm,she will be home around 6.15pm

its resentment,everything.
I did it all for my wife and son.
I had to visit my elderly parents last night
and told them,when they asked,
my wife as not said one single time
she is happy,proud,shocked etc etc that I'v stopped.
not one word of encouragment.

nevermind.

up the blues

Thanks for replying. Start again tomorrow and see where it takes you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.