Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Went on a stag do to Germany and drank more beer than I've ever drank for 4 days straight. Hangovers were minimal. Lethargic but no headaches or sickness. Fully recovered after a coffee and breakfast. We just have shit quality beer in this country.
German beer is brewed to the 'Rheinheitsgebot', or beer purity law.
They only use 4 ingredients, water, hops, yeast and malt.
The beer still has the desired effect but no real hangover as you say.
In this regard German beer is the best.
However, there are other beers which have much more flavour and of which there is a large selection.
Some of the best beers in the world are brewed in the U.K. with the best of those probably in the Burton on Trent area, due to the chalky soil through which the river flows.
Then there are the fruity Lambeek beers in Belgium and the famous
Ù Flecku beers in Prague.
I could continue, but this is a thread for people who wish to stop drinking, so I won't....

need to give up
How to start.
Stop drinking on a specific day/date which suits you.
Change your social routine.
Say to friends that you are ill and you are taking advice from your doctor who has recommended that you cut down and preferably stop.
It isn't the easiest thing to do, but your words seem like a cry for help.
If you can't manage to summon up the willpower to do it on your own there are organisations you can turn to
Good Luck to you in your new life.

after last tuesdays relapse, I did similar
on saturday v the rags, i drank about half a bottle of vodka going down on the coach,all the time hiding it from my son,who in turn might have told his mum Id been drinking,all felt a bit wierd drinking in secret, guilt ,excitement ,sadness.
Im going to the champs league final from thursday and i will be drinking on the day of the final,out of sight out of mind etc.
Iv proved to myself i can go three months without, but i dont want to turn into a " secret drinker " .
A few words of encouragement and goodwill from my wife would have prevented my initial relapse,but is that me just being needy and a soft arse.
It was all for her at the start and I got not one word of praise or encouragement.

after last tuesdays relapse, I did similar
on saturday v the rags, i drank about half a bottle of vodka going down on the coach,all the time hiding it from my son,who in turn might have told his mum Id been drinking,all felt a bit wierd drinking in secret, guilt ,excitement ,sadness.
Im going to the champs league final from thursday and i will be drinking on the day of the final,out of sight out of mind etc.
Iv proved to myself i can go three months without, but i dont want to turn into a " secret drinker " .
A few words of encouragement and goodwill from my wife would have prevented my initial relapse,but is that me just being needy and a soft arse.
It was all for her at the start and I got not one word of praise or encouragement.
You did really well to go 3 months without a drink and I read your previous message that you also went to Thailand and didn't drink . Them Thai women are a strange breed mate and nothing ever makes sense with them . So you do what's best for your health and your sons future. Good luck mate.

You did really well to go 3 months without a drink and I read your previous message that you also went to Thailand and didn't drink . Them Thai women are a strange breed mate and nothing ever makes sense with them . So you do what's best for your health and your sons future. Good luck mate.
All women are a strange breed,but Thai women are from another planet.
She sulked from us beating madrid when I told her I would be going to Istanbul,
what makes things worse,its her birthday tomorrow ( weds ) and I go thursday for 5 days.

It bothered me a little that I got a text to go out last night (there’s a great karaoke evening every Monday) but I made up an excuse not to go as I wasn’t up for a drink. I’m still not. I don’t want my social life to suffer at the same time.

YouTube are showing West Ham v Fiorentina tomorrow so there’s no need for a pub there. I may stay in Friday too and relax after what should be a good first week in my new job. It is so far.

I love going up the pub to see the chaps but I need to think about me too.

need to give up
I've had enough of it..bottle of wine down the sink
First good step is coming on here to tell. Next step is not drinking. Then come back on here to tell us how you are doing. If you think you need help, just ask. Not just on here but your GP is also available.

As others have said there are organisations or even apps that can help too.

As for all who read this thread, even if you manage to cut down your intake, you are doing yourselves a huge favour. If you manage to keep off it, so much the better.

For those who have a relapse, it's a relapse. We're all human.

20 months and counting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.