Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

I've had to cut down on the beers due to a medical issue. Today I drove everyone to the pub and was on diet coke when usually i would be on it from 1pm. Result? Family will be in bed all day tomorrow with hangovers whilst ill be nice and fresh and on a long walk with the dog enjoying the sunshine. Still enjoy a beer when I can but today proved to me I don't need it to enjoy myself. To all of you fighting the demons I doff my cap to you. Up the blues

I've had to cut down on the beers due to a medical issue. Today I drove everyone to the pub and was on diet coke when usually i would be on it from 1pm. Result? Family will be in bed all day tomorrow with hangovers whilst ill be nice and fresh and on a long walk with the dog enjoying the sunshine. Still enjoy a beer when I can but today proved to me I don't need it to enjoy myself. To all of you fighting the demons I doff my cap to you. Up the blues

Well done Blue. That fresh feeling is better than any drink I've ever had. I fucking love Sundays. Used to sleep them away unless we were playing. These days I'm up for 8am, exercising for an hour then making sure we all come together as a family for food, memories, laughs the lot.

Went on a stag do to Germany and drank more beer than I've ever drank for 4 days straight. Hangovers were minimal. Lethargic but no headaches or sickness. Fully recovered after a coffee and breakfast. We just have shit quality beer in this country.

Last edited:
Went on a stag do to Germany and drank more beer than I've ever drank for 4 days straight. Hangovers were minimal. Lethargic but no headaches or sickness. We just have shit quality beer in this country.
Had a similar experience after drinking in Belgium tbh.

Looking forward to Day 100 in 45 days.

Hope all are managing well on what has been a testing couple of weekends, with the biggest test of all coming this weekend. Day by day, bit by bit.

I've kept up the exercise (too hot for running so I've solidly been doing bodyweight at home). Now that I'm past a certain point with alcohol abstinence, I may move next to tidy up the diet. I haven't been terrible but I haven't been great either. No idea what I weighed before my last drink but have been on the scales twice over the last 3 weeks or so and have gained weight both times, yet somehow without looking fat. Standing at 5"10 and coming out just under 14 stone. I'll have a meddle with my food and see if I can tip that a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.