Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

To expand on my last post, our 2021 CL final was the last time that I allowed my resolve to be broken by peer pressure.

So to those who maybe didn't make it through this weekend dry, or didn't manage to stick to the one or two drinks they'd planned, or to those who planned to drink a lot and did, it's just one drink / night / weekend and there's always the ability to reset and have another "day one" if that's what you want.

Safe journey back @blue44 and @MadchesterCity, and anyone else lucky enough to have been!

Needed to see a post like this today so thanks very much. I had 5 beers and I suppose if I had to pick a positive, I didn't hit the top shelf and did feel ok this morning if not a little disappointed - but that doesn't take the shine off last night's football of course.

Needed to see a post like this today so thanks very much. I had 5 beers and I suppose if I had to pick a positive, I didn't hit the top shelf and did feel ok this morning if not a little disappointed - but that doesn't take the shine off last night's football of course.
Yesterday was probably the pinnacle,zenith of my match going life.
I couldn't have got through it without a drink,i knew this weeks ago after we beat madrid and i booked everything right away.Not an excuse,just an explanation.

Have you ever spoken to a doctor or counsellor over your drinking? It's good for SOME people.
Humans are strange creatures...we put crazy poisons in our bodies just to travel to a football match. Or anything. Is it vital to enjoy ourselves?
I found that I enjoy it all being clear-headed. Better, clearer memories afterwards. That feeling of everything being boring WITHOUT alcohol eventually goes away.
This is such a huge mental block - it is so difficult to recondition your brain to accept this.............

This is such a huge mental block - it is so difficult to recondition your brain to accept this.............

It's crazy because you become the least boring person you know. Its our brains trying to keep us in the grip of alcohol, doesn't want you depriving it of the poison it loves so much. Our own heads want to do us harm and kill us. Only outside help can rewire our own fucked up thinking.

I’m having worse nights out all the time now so I’ve cut down. The pubs are either dead, serve awful beer or are full of wankers. As I don’t tend to drink at home then it’s been easy.

I feel healthier / cleaner, I’m sleeping better, the weight is staying off and I’ve more money in the bank. Aside from locals closing (another rumoured to be on its arse), I can see no negative.

I can watch Wales v Armenia on S4C via iPlayer Friday night and then go to Laces Out on Saturday with a clear head.

280 days sober today. Some days are still really tough especially with the weather and the players drinking with social media glorifying it.

With that in mind I have to to say the coverage around grealish and his drinking habits sums up the issue we have with alcohol in the country imo. The fact he is seen as a bit of a lad and is celebrated for being smashed out of his face I just find sad tbh. It’s almost like he is encouraged to play the clown. I just hope he doesn’t have issues with the booze after his career like so many before him.

This podcast hit home to me, hearing about John Robins talk about his struggle with alcohol. I’ve been trying to curb my drinking of late, and try and keep this in mind.

Not listened to the podcast he recommends yet.

(Edit - I’ve put link for Apple Podcasts, but available on BBC iPlayer, Spotify and other sources)

I’m purposely staying in on Friday (Wales v Armenia) so that’s a week without a beer. Feeling better already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.