Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

To expand on my last post, our 2021 CL final was the last time that I allowed my resolve to be broken by peer pressure.

So to those who maybe didn't make it through this weekend dry, or didn't manage to stick to the one or two drinks they'd planned, or to those who planned to drink a lot and did, it's just one drink / night / weekend and there's always the ability to reset and have another "day one" if that's what you want.

Safe journey back @blue44 and @MadchesterCity, and anyone else lucky enough to have been!
Peer Pressure is the hardest one to break and the most dangerous of all.

You've all gone very quiet and the close season (after an emotional end to the season) is clearly affecting lots of people in lots of different ways.
So I'm just checking in on you all.

You've all gone very quiet and the close season (after an emotional end to the season) is clearly affecting lots of people in lots of different ways.
So I'm just checking in on you all.

I've not had any alcohol since the CL final but felt like I was focusing too much on "days gone" rather than just letting alcohol abstinence become a part of life.

Here I'am on my first day off till saturday.

been in work for 6 days and I had it all planned

my son slept last night at my sisters,he knows I drank while

away in Istanbul,he's 15. Went to asda at 9.15 and was on it

by 10am. Got everything planned if the mrs comes home

unexpectantly from work,got 2 bottles of alcohol free empty to say thats what I'm on

if she or my son comes home ,I'm now a secret drinker albeit on a very reduced intake.

progress ? I don't know .

Five days sober here. I normally go out every Monday night to the entertainment evening but that was shelved for tv. I’m eating well, sleeping better and all sorts.

Friday will be a challenge but I’m staying in then too. Like my new vegetarian diet (health reasons), I feel like a new man.

I posted way back in this thread about my relationship with booze and how I was looking to change it.....that didn't happen as I'd wanted. I've not had drink for 4 days now, and while that probably doesn't sound a lot, it's a win for me. I'd normally have wine every day, sometimes a glass, other days a whole bottle (I've had occasional dry spells, but they never last more than a few days). I don't consider myself to be an alcoholic, but this had become a habit, an end of work day = need a drink, kind of relationship.
After the FA Cup final I ended up digging out any Rag I could find and falling out with someone I've been friends with for 50+ years. I was rude to his wife & daughter and I don't think there's a way back with him. I don't remember the exchange of words, but plenty have reminded me of what I said in my drunken stupor and it wasn't great.
Time to try again.

Here I'am on my first day off till saturday.

been in work for 6 days and I had it all planned

my son slept last night at my sisters,he knows I drank while

away in Istanbul,he's 15. Went to asda at 9.15 and was on itou are

by 10am. Got everything planned if the mrs comes home

unexpectantly from work,got 2 bottles of alcohol free empty to say thats what I'm on

if she or my son comes home ,I'm now a secret drinker albeit on a very reduced intake.

progress ? I don't know .
If you are trying to keep your drinking a secret, ask yourself why. The image that you are trying to project is a false one. So why project it? If you are hiding your drinking because you think it is wrong to do it, then don't drink and you have nothing to lie about. If you don't think it is wrong to drink, then why are you hiding it?

If you are trying to keep your drinking a secret, ask yourself why. The image that you are trying to project is a false one. So why project it? If you are hiding your drinking because you think it is wrong to do it, then don't drink and you have nothing to lie about. If you don't think it is wrong to drink, then why are you hiding it?
This.

all you say i know already and its wrecked my brain, and some more.

i dont know why i post my intimacy really,I feel Iv got worse now with lying to her,by trying to stop , which I have done
for the last 4 months or so,with a few relapses.I also admit that now after being sober 95% / 99% of the last
4 months,i cant live without it. I will always fall into it . My job, everything takes its toll.

This.

all you say i know already and its wrecked my brain, and some more.

i dont know why i post my intimacy really,I feel Iv got worse now with lying to her,by trying to stop , which I have done
for the last 4 months or so,with a few relapses.I also admit that now after being sober 95% / 99% of the last
4 months,i cant live without it. I will always fall into it . My job, everything takes its toll.
You don't have to post publically all that you feel. PMs are private. Plenty on here will gladly discuss things with you, me included. Just trying to help, bud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.