Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

If you really want to do it, you have to accept that you can never drink again. You've done it. You've been there, done that, and you've drunk as much as you can. You and alcohol are not a thing any more. Some things in life we have to sacrifice, mate. All for the better, too.
It's a fresh start. You may get doubts and hurdles along the way...jump them. Deal with them when you get to them. Don't fall at the first one!
Thanks for the supportive words Mark. After what you've been through, makes me feel i have to persevere. I also can realise that it can be done. Tea, eh? Make mine a large one!

Thanks for the supportive words Mark. After what you've been through, makes me feel i have to persevere. I also can realise that it can be done. Tea, eh? Make mine a large one!
Of course you can do it if you want to ,my doctor said to me I'm not even going to waste my time telling you to stop ,you no what your doing is wrong ,he said you will hit a tipping point soon where you will either have to sink or swim ,make the right decision .
As a recovering alcoholic myself I drank to feel normal and my tolerance just grew and grew so at say 8 pints I was sober ,were you drinking to cope or drinking to get pissed ?

Of course you can do it if you want to ,my doctor said to me I'm not even going to waste my time telling you to stop ,you no what your doing is wrong ,he said you will hit a tipping point soon where you will either have to sink or swim ,make the right decision .
As a recovering alcoholic myself I drank to feel normal and my tolerance just grew and grew so at say 8 pints I was sober ,were you drinking to cope or drinking to get pissed ?
I just drank everyday because I always did. My job meant I couldn't get pissed everyday as I have very strict limits on what can be in my system when at work so I would drink as much as I could get away with each day. When I had days off, it was mayhem.

Tolerance grew, as you know. So the amount in my system never felt over the limit but it must have been on many occasions. I was lucky at work.
Just trying to remember exactly how much I'd consumed the day before was frightening.

This couldn't go on.

It was also wrecking my marriage and health (and bank balance).

Lots of reasons to quit.

A quote from the Alan Carr book that resonated with me was there are 4 things you can never have too much of; money, love, good health and time. Alcohol is stealing all four from you without you even noticing
Am I being a dick - the comedian?

Very good way of wording it............

I just drank everyday because I always did. My job meant I couldn't get pissed everyday as I have very strict limits on what can be in my system when at work so I would drink as much as I could get away with each day. When I had days off, it was mayhem.

Tolerance grew, as you know. So the amount in my system never felt over the limit but it must have been on many occasions. I was lucky at work.
Just trying to remember exactly how much I'd consumed the day before was frightening.

This couldn't go on.

It was also wrecking my marriage and health (and bank balance).

Lots of reasons to quit.
It looks like you reached your tipping point and have decided to swim ,I can relate to all that ,I'm at about 9 years now and when we go out the lad says have the odd pint but I don't want the taste in my mouth again as I ain't going back there again ,have thought of trying zero % lager but don't think that's a good idea ,one big advantage is being able to drive 24 /7 didn't realize how much I was restricting myself from .
Just want to do it ,YOU are in control here ,I don't subscribe to it being an illness myself
Good luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.