Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

It looks like you reached your tipping point and have decided to swim ,I can relate to all that ,I'm at about 9 years now and when we go out the lad says have the odd pint but I don't want the taste in my mouth again as I ain't going back there again ,have thought of trying zero % lager but don't think that's a good idea ,one big advantage is being able to drive 24 /7 didn't realize how much I was restricting myself from .
Just want to do it ,YOU are in control here ,I don't subscribe to it being an illness myself
Good luck
Thanks, Mate. I appreciate what you are saying. I agree with you and I too don't consider it an illness. It is more a habit that can be broken. In my case, a very big habit. You do have to want to stop. I never did want to stop.

Now I need to. Thing is, need and want are different.

Thanks, Mate. I appreciate what you are saying. I agree with you and I too don't consider it an illness. It is more a habit that can be broken. In my case, a very big habit. You do have to want to stop. I never did want to stop.

Now I need to. Thing is, need and want are different.
If you ever want a natter on pm feel free to ,I think the fact you were in control on work days like myself shows your not an out of control alcoholic but a functioning one .I think you will find it easier than you think I set myself a target of stopping for a day which went to a week which went to a month etc and it's ended up at 9 + years

you don’t drink you don’t smoke what do you do goody too goody too goody goody too shoes:)
Haha
I'm back in control of my life ,and debt still own my own house still have my job ,still have 2 kids that love me and managed to do 99 % of city games home and away for the last 4 years ,
So wasn't a bad lifestyle change :+)

Of course you can do it if you want to ,my doctor said to me I'm not even going to waste my time telling you to stop ,you no what your doing is wrong ,he said you will hit a tipping point soon where you will either have to sink or swim ,make the right decision .
As a recovering alcoholic myself I drank to feel normal and my tolerance just grew and grew so at say 8 pints I was sober ,were you drinking to cope or drinking to get pissed ?
We have to be honest with ourselves, don't we? No excuses so we can have another drink....it's about facing reality.

I find life without alcohol so much more bearable. It may seem hollow and pointless at first, but you get back to the level of a normal life soon. The real things start to matter again.

I just drank everyday because I always did. My job meant I couldn't get pissed everyday as I have very strict limits on what can be in my system when at work so I would drink as much as I could get away with each day. When I had days off, it was mayhem.

Tolerance grew, as you know. So the amount in my system never felt over the limit but it must have been on many occasions. I was lucky at work.
Just trying to remember exactly how much I'd consumed the day before was frightening.

This couldn't go on.

It was also wrecking my marriage and health (and bank balance).

Lots of reasons to quit.
So you KNOW it's the time to get alcohol out of your life.
It gets easier with time, mate. Life starts to become enjoyable without alcohol again. Just take each day as it comes. You'll start to enjoy the normal things in life again.

Haha
I'm back in control of my life ,and debt still own my own house still have my job ,still have 2 kids that love me and managed to do 99 % of city games home and away for the last 4 years ,
So wasn't a bad lifestyle change :+)
I missed out on so much through being pissed nearly every day. Kids, footie, music...normal things. Those years are just a blur. I gave up when both my kids were still in school, so I managed to enjoy their graduations and things like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.