Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Well I nursed a very sore head this morning and had a really shitty sleep last night which can only mean I shouldn't have drank 12 punk ipa.
Never missed these stinking hangovers
Back on detox at turn of the year!

Well I nursed a very sore head this morning and had a really shitty sleep last night which can only mean I shouldn't have drank 12 punk ipa.
Never missed these stinking hangovers
Back on detox at turn of the year!
We’re all allowed a wobble mate, stay strong when you can and remember how shit it can make you feel.

Managed to go 71 days sober so far. Extremely surprised managed to do this as used alcohol to cope with mental health issues drinking at least 4 times a week heavily. Not been easy but determined to continue I am fed up with panic attacks. Have also been prescribed fluoxetine hoping that helps. Would love nothing more than to be able to take my son to a city game again. Feel so guilty I can’t do it when he asks to go.

Managed to go 71 days sober so far. Extremely surprised managed to do this as used alcohol to cope with mental health issues drinking at least 4 times a week heavily. Not been easy but determined to continue I am fed up with panic attacks. Have also been prescribed fluoxetine hoping that helps. Would love nothing more than to be able to take my son to a city game again. Feel so guilty I can’t do it when he asks to go.
Well done, Mate. Keep it going. It is worth it. I was skeptical about the 'worth it' bit, but it seems to be paying off. Even managed to avoid drinking over Christmas. Sleeping great, looking slim, saving money and not pissing people off by being drunk all the time!

Normally my relationship with alcohol is steady and good. I can take it or leave it and usually know my limits but my word I went out with a few of the lads on Tuesday and kicked the arse out of it.

Slowly getting through the hanxiety which was an awful feeling of guilt despite having a great night and not doing anything bad. Think its a good thing in some respects as it puts you back on the straight and narrow.

Brilliant, mate. I was the same...I couldn't get out. too many panic attacks. i just wanted to take my son to the footy too.
How have the panic attacks been since ?

Brilliant, mate. I was the same...I couldn't get out. too many panic attacks. i just wanted to take my son to the footy too.
How have the panic attacks been since ?
They have been pretty bad still to be honest but I am starting the medication today so fingers crossed that helps. Either way I won’t drink anymore I’ve come to accept it just doesn’t agree with me and life is better without it.

How are your panic attacks mate ? Gives me hope to see someone in the same boast as me flourishing tbh!

They have been pretty bad still to be honest but I am starting the medication today so fingers crossed that helps. Either way I won’t drink anymore I’ve come to accept it just doesn’t agree with me and life is better without it.

How are your panic attacks mate ? Gives me hope to see someone in the same boast as me flourishing tbh!
I don't get panic attacks any more, mate. I was put on Citalopram (same class of anti-depressants as fluoxetine) when coming off alcohol and I believe that helped me so much. They may take about a week for them to kick in.
Do you have a general anxious feeling during the day? It's just your brain remembering that there was something....some kind of threat/fear. Something that you used alcohol for. It's the brain's auto response. Like it's subconsciously aware of something. Don't fear anxiety or panic attacks..they're just a natural response to a threat. A THREAT THAT ISN'T REALLY THERE, SO THE IMAGINATION TAKES OVER...OOPS CAPS..Once you realise there is no threat and that nothing bad will happen, the brain starts to let go, and you'll feel less anxious until eventually you'll feel confident again. There are some great self help vids on YouTube that explain it so well....and how to deal with them.
Take each day at a time and deal with each hurdle when you get to them. It gets easier, mate. Fuck that shit off out of your life for good...you'll get there, mate.

I don't get panic attacks any more, mate. I was put on Citalopram (same class of anti-depressants as fluoxetine) when coming off alcohol and I believe that helped me so much. They may take about a week for them to kick in.
Do you have a general anxious feeling during the day? It's just your brain remembering that there was something....some kind of threat/fear. Something that you used alcohol for. It's the brain's auto response. Like it's subconsciously aware of something. Don't fear anxiety or panic attacks..they're just a natural response to a threat. A THREAT THAT ISN'T REALLY THERE, SO THE IMAGINATION TAKES OVER...OOPS CAPS..Once you realise there is no threat and that nothing bad will happen, the brain starts to let go, and you'll feel less anxious until eventually you'll feel confident again. There are some great self help vids on YouTube that explain it so well....and how to deal with them.
Take each day at a time and deal with each hurdle when you get to them. It gets easier, mate. Fuck that shit off out of your life for good...you'll get there, mate.
Yeah I get anxious frequently throughout the day mainly health related. Have this huge fear about having a heart attack and then of course you start feeling the symptoms and before you know it your having a full panic attack. Also suffer with social aniexty where the drink really helped. Either way I will be sure to check out some YouTube videos, desperate for anything to help.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative post. Really appreciate it and gives me hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you Continue to flourish and wish you the best for 2022. Thanks again mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.