Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Anyone else doing dry January? Post on here if you are (if you want) it may help and encourage me and others. Share your thoughts, highs and lows etc.
Otherwise it will just be me reporting on a daily basis, and trust me, you don't want that ;-)
I’m doing dry-ish January. Reducing Friday, Saturday and Sunday to just one of those days.
Nothing in the week.

That cuts my consumption down by about 80%.

Get January and February out of the way then I'll cut back and be dry for spring..I'm a winter boozer :)

Just out of curiosity, how much do you guys spend a week, honestly, on booze, not to mention the ubiquitous fags that usually accompany. Serious question.

I used to spend nearly 300 a week or booze and fags. Stick another couple of hundred on that at a weekend for coke as by the end of my drinking I couldn't have a pint without a line to go with it. So basically over 2 grand a month. All my salary went on it and I was piss poor, scratching together rent and slowly dying.

In nearly 5 years of sobriety I've saved over £120k. I'm more than financially secure as my main hobbies of hiking, exercise, gaming cost literally nothing

It's not just the money you spend on alcohol you save when you cut down or knock it on the head. For example I'd spend 40 quid in taxis to town and back, 20 quid on a takeaway the next day as I was too fucked to cook anything and probably another 20 on some weed to bring me down off the shit I'd drank and done the night before. All adds up.

When you've been used to spending all that cash for years and you suddenly have it all in your pocket or in the bank its a massive motivator to keep going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.