Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

I'm just a Saturday evening drinker (maybe a few glasses of leftover wine on Sunday) these days, unless I'm out occasionally after work or meeting a friend.
Was out last Monday after work in Leeds for a couple before my train and then out again in the NQ to meet a friend (again, perhaps had 4 pints tops).
Really felt it drinking early in the week (and only coz Xmas). Mix of physical and black dog visits.

I had a bit on Xmas Eve and a fair bit yesterday and felt awful this morning.

Visited the gym earlier just to reverse that feeling but I don't miss regular drinking one bit.

...weed is now my thing. Less harmful and doesn't fuck everybody else's life up too. No hangovers either.

I don't even know what alcohol is these days. I don't know how I did it, but my brain is now automatically repulsed by the stuff.
Good for you.
As for me, I don't think that I will ever stop completely (you never know) but I have cut down massively.
It's a costly thing to do, in more ways than one.

Good for you.
As for me, I don't think that I will ever stop completely (you never know) but I have cut down massively.
It's a costly thing to do, in more ways than one.
I HAD to stop. You don't have to give up altogether if it's not that much of a problem. The only thing is, the dose gradually increases again, I found when I tried cutting down.

I bought the Mrs, Allan Carr's book about stopping drinking. She's never read it. I've read half of it today and think I will be able to stop. I've got a few in the house to have a last hurrah for the Leeds match, then I will go teetotal until at least dry January

I read his Stop Smoking book and quit after smoking for 30 years.

I bought the Mrs, Allan Carr's book about stopping drinking. She's never read it. I've read half of it today and think I will be able to stop. I've got a few in the house to have a last hurrah for the Leeds match, then I will go teetotal until at least dry January

I read his Stop Smoking book and quit after smoking for 30 years.
Allan carr the mincing comic? That Allan carr? Please tell me it's him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.