Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

I have a mate who had to have his liver replaced. That focuses the mind wonderfully. He is now a total teetotaller. I also know a woman who got pancreatitis through too much drink and that was horrendous. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. She said the pain of childbirth was nothing by comparison.

It's not necessary to give up, it's more about knowing when enough is enough. Easy to say, hard to do. Especially when you are young and your life is built around social situations. It's hard to say - I'm on a slimline tonic or whatever. But it's better to do it by choice than have no choice.
For us alcoholics it is necessary to give up…………just one beer can be to much
61 days sober………

I am not changing my diet or doing any extra exercise just to see if cutting alcohol alone reduces my weight. I'll be doing this for 6 weeks at least.
61 days without alcohol for me…….am a diabetic so don’t have any sugar etc….I eat sensible with plenty of vegetables and fruit, occasional exercise and haven’t lost an ounce…….just saying

Canada latest alcohol guidance.

The guidelines, released Tuesday from the Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction, suggest one to two drinks a week is low risk, with seven or more drinks a week being high risk. The CCSA associates drinking with several adverse health effects, including cancer, heart disease and stroke

This news feature from BBC News web page today is quite alarming.
Please read this if you think alcohol can be risk free.

The huberman podcast goes into great detail about this, alcohol really does increase cancer risk by a terrible amount. Also builds neural pathways in your brain to impulsive behaviours, going teetotal for a few weeks let's your brain recover and severe them new pathways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.