Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Ascities should be enough deterrent to make people think about reducing intake.

Ascities should be enough deterrent to make people think about reducing intake.
I think I had that when I had liver disease...it fucking hurts. Painful swelling in the abdomen, that feels like the alien thing is about to bust about of the stomach. The doctors stuck things in me to drain it off. Bastards.

I think I had that when I had liver disease...it fucking hurts. Painful swelling in the abdomen, that feels like the alien thing is about to bust about of the stomach. The doctors stuck things in me to drain it off. Bastards.
Watched a family member go through the pain of it (this was non- alcohol related).

Watched a family member go through the pain of it (this was non- alcohol related).
4 years ago I had a burst appendix that lead to similar abdomen problems with peritonitis and sepsis...again it felt like the alien thing was about to burst out. Extreme pain. Morphine was a relief, but the hallucinations were tiresome after a bit. Donald Trump annoying me in the opposite bed.
I hope your family member has recovered...I know some cancers lead to acities too.

How you afford to drink that much some effort that. Even 10 pints a week adds up. The sooner you realise going out and enjoying yourself doesn't have to involve getting pissed the better it changes everything.
It’s called work

week back on the booze and i feel groggy, tired and sh*t and now got a cold.
Hmm interesting.

I've done dry Jan and I've felt alert and motivated most days.

I don't drink a lot, but not drinking as spurred me on to eat a bit cleaner, and get back into the gym.

The issue I have is that I love a pint especially with a nice meal, or if I'm with my mates. I really don't want to undo the feeling I've had in Jan, so starting to wonder whether drinking is worth it!

Don't think I'll ever fully stop drinking, but it's made me feel more selective about the occasions I do drink

Hmm interesting.

I've done dry Jan and I've felt alert and motivated most days.

I don't drink a lot, but not drinking as spurred me on to eat a bit cleaner, and get back into the gym.

The issue I have is that I love a pint especially with a nice meal, or if I'm with my mates. I really don't want to undo the feeling I've had in Jan, so starting to wonder whether drinking is worth it!

Don't think I'll ever fully stop drinking, but it's made me feel more selective about the occasions I do drink

to be fair, i had 3 heavy boozy sessions mixed with alot of marathon training

so burning candles both ends

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.