Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

to be fair, i had 3 heavy boozy sessions mixed with alot of marathon training

so burning candles both ends
It gets harder to recover from sessions the older we get. I used to get off my face all night and then go into work the next morning at 8am at 22 years old...easy. Mind you, I worked in a big picture frame factory and could get away with all kinds. If any of you have dodgy shaped pictures on your walls...you know why.

Last edited:
It gets harder to recover from sessions the older we get. I used to get off my face all night and then go into work the next morning at 8pm at 22 years old...easy. Mind you, I worked in a big picture frame factory and could get away with all kinds. If any of you have dodgy shaped pictures on your walls...you know why.
I was the same, out until 3 or 4am Thursday nights, and in the office for 8 on the Friday, no hangover at all!

I had 5 pints after 5 a side as a Christmas get together before Christmas, Monday night, in work Tuesday and honestly I kept having to go to the toilet in the afternoon to close my eyes for 10 minutes haha!!

5 PINTS!!!!!!

Been meaning to comment on this thread for a while; I used to drink Thursday - Sunday, generally at home. Usually 3-4 cans and a bottle of wine. Dressed it up as pre-tea drinks etc or relaxing with a glass of wine. I was fully functioning and never missed work and generally got up early. My wife doesn’t drink really and neither do my grown up children. Last New Year’s Eve I made a sudden decision to try dry January; I’d never gone more than 4-5 days without a good drink for thirty years.

Dry January became dry February and before I knew it I’d been on holidays, attended family meals, been to half a dozen away games and numerous other situations I would see as an opportunity to have a few.

My key was finding things to do at times I would usually be thinking about a drink. These activities were as mundane as playing pool on my phone, tidying out a cupboard or doing some jobs in the garden. It is now the end of my second dry January and I don’t really get any urge to drink.

I generally feel less tired and have lost weight which then motivates me to do more exercise. Luckily for me it hasn’t been a big wrench and I know some of you have had struggles over the years. I hope some of you coming to the end of dry January keep it up for a while longer get.

Get stuck in lads and lasses!

Last edited:
£650-700 a month and around 10,000 calories (around 5 days worth of food for an average male).

Scary when you see it written down like that.
True I know some people do city home away and Europe and spend more than that a month it cost me £500 Chelsea and Southampton away in the space of a week just trains ticket and hotel plus if it’s your own money it’s got fuck all to do with anyone else

Been meaning to comment on this thread for a while; I used to drink Thursday - Sunday, generally at home. Usually 3-4 cans and a bottle of wine. Dressed it up as pre-tea drinks etc or relaxing with a glass of wine. I was fully functioning and never missed work and generally got up early. My wife doesn’t drink really and neither do my grown up children. Last New Year’s Eve I made a sudden decision to try dry January; I’d never gone more than 4-5 days without a good drink for thirty years.

Dry January became dry February and before I knew it I’d been on holidays, attended family meals, been to half a dozen away games and numerous other situations I would see as an opportunity to have a few.

My key was finding things to do at times I would usually be thinking about a drink. These activities were as mundane as playing pool on my phone, tidying out a cupboard or doing some jobs in the garden. It is now the end of my second dry January and I don’t really get any urge to drink.

I generally feel less tired and have lost weight which then motivates me to do more exercise. Luckily for me it hasn’t been a big wrench and I know some of you have had struggles over the years. I hope some of you coming to the end of dry January keep it up for a while longer get.

Get stuck in lads and lasses!

It's mad once you get out the habit of it you stop having the gasping for a pint feeling, not touched any of the non alcohol drinks for a while either. Lost about 6lb in 3 month off my belly and lower back and I was only a social drinker!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.