Aleks The Peacemaker

That's the first time I have seen that video. Aleks showed a lot of guts there. He could easily have copped one from one of the nutters out there.

He has certainly earned my respect for that. Well done Aleks.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Such lovely people the Serbs. Responsible for more trouble in Europe in the last 100 years than any other.

Credit to Kolarov though.

will the Germans be one place below them in the 100 year league table then??

I've got a great memory of Alexander Kororov.

About two years ago we played some shit foreign club in a pre-season friendly which was live on telly. Late in the game we brought one of our kids on for a bit. I think, but I'm not sure, that it was George Evans. He was skinny and nervous. and he accidentally left a foot in with their dreadlocked, flash harry striker. This poser jumped up and started pushing Evans around and the kid looked upset and out of his depth.

Kolorov ran the whole width of the pitch and jumped in front of this guy and pushed him out the way to protect Evans, clearly saying "Pick on someone your own size", barging him repeatedly with his chest. Flash Harry shit himself and skulked off. I was very proud of Kolorov. He's a tough cookie but there's something really likable about him.

Didsbury Dave said:

About two years ago we played some shit foreign club in a pre-season friendly which was live on telly. Late in the game we brought one of our kids on for a bit. I think, but I'm not sure, that it was George Evans. He was skinny and nervous. and he accidentally left a foot in with their dreadlocked, flash harry striker. This poser jumped up and started pushing Evans around and the kid looked upset and out of his depth.

Kolorov ran the whole width of the pitch and jumped in front of this guy and pushed him out the way to protect Evans, clearly saying "Pick on someone your own size", barging him repeatedly with his chest. Flash Harry shit himself and skulked off. I was very proud of Kolorov. He's a tough cookie but there's something really likable about him.
Definitely. He gets unfair stick off our fans at times. He also looks like a right hard ****.

coleridge said:
Sigh said:
Dribble said:
And what's the betting none of the two teams get fined anywhere near the £50m that UEFA levied against us............
Slightly inflammatory flag that especially at the present time. I would fine the Serbs precisely nothing. Nay, I'd ask them where they want the medal pinning.

Whilst AK's actions are highly commendable [I expect it of such a classy gentleman], you should know better than to dabble in Balkan politics. For example, do you think Edin that will necessarily agree with your view, being of Albanian descent and dodging Serbian snipers in Saravjevo as a child? Do you even know what provocation there was on the night or beforehand? I know both Sarajevan and Kosovan refugees that now live in Manchester. They will never forgive and forget. Not my view but theirs.

Of course, we can all agree that such actions on the football field are inexcusable. So is the toleration of right wing extremism on the terraces.

You see how complicated this all becomes? Making summary judgments does no-one any favours. Good luck with discovering the truth in the that corner of the world. I'll leave it at that.

Edin and Aleks have forgiven(doubt they will forget) and they came from opposite sides of the Balkan conflict, now best of friends on an off the pitch...

Tanzeylee said:
Edin and Aleks have forgiven(doubt they will forget) and they came from opposite sides of the Balkan conflict, now best of friends on an off the pitch...

That was implicit in my point. Apologies if that was not clear.

They have both risen above it. So should everyone else.

Pigeonho said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Definitely. He gets unfair stick off our fans at times. He also looks like a right hard c**t.

Remember that pre-season incident and agree with both of them comments.

We had a cup game a few years ago and someone was giving him a dogs abuse all through the game in the N/E corner. In the 2nd half he banged in a free kick and went over to that corner. As everyone else celebrated he just stared in the direction of this bloke who'd been mouthing off. Didn't hear another word after that. Not surprised, it unnerved me a bit and I was applauding him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.