Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying anything bad about him. If he ever reads this thread, everyone who has posted negative stuff about him is as as good as dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has he gone yet?

Serbia are scheduled to play Cyprus today, so you could say he's not in Manchester...

Probably heard Pep was scheduled to fly in this week to talk to players and begged the national team coach to select him.

We seem to be trying to shift all the players that I hoped we would in Nasri, Mangala and Bony. I can see Navas, Yaya, Fernando, Caballero and possibly Hart all surviving for another season because they can still do a job in areas that need it.

However, the lack of movement on the Kolarov front is heartbreaking. I want him out of the club.

If Pep wants him at City for at least the immediate future then that's good enough for me. He's not a top-class LB but nor is he as bad as some on here make out.

We seem to be trying to shift all the players that I hoped we would in Nasri, Mangala and Bony. I can see Navas, Yaya, Fernando, Caballero and possibly Hart all surviving for another season because they can still do a job in areas that need it.

However, the lack of movement on the Kolarov front is heartbreaking. I want him out of the club.

Heartbreaking ? Out of the club ? ! I noticed Clichy ( or Cliché as fred eyre calls him ) was in the list of our best squad according to the book that came with the season tickets. So as far as the legendary 'Buzzer' is concerned he thinks a player who has scored one goal for the club and creates next to nothing, which is a crucial aspect of being a full back these days, is better than one who has scored 20 goals for the club and created far more than the legend Gael. For me, Kolarov is a much better player all round than Cliché will ever be and maybe those that understand the game, including Pep Guardiola, agree. Its all about opinions but for me he played well for most of last season whilst Cliché was out injured. He may be past his best but I would have him over Cliché anyday of the week until we find a young replacement.

Heartbreaking ? Out of the club ? ! I noticed Clichy ( or Cliché as fred eyre calls him ) was in the list of our best squad according to the book that came with the season tickets. So as far as the legendary 'Buzzer' is concerned he thinks a player who has scored one goal for the club and creates next to nothing, which is a crucial aspect of being a full back these days, is better than one who has scored 20 goals for the club and created far more than the legend Gael. For me, Kolarov is a much better player all round than Cliché will ever be and maybe those that understand the game, including Pep Guardiola, agree. Its all about opinions but for me he played well for most of last season whilst Cliché was out injured. He may be past his best but I would have him over Cliché anyday of the week until we find a young replacement.

Who says Pep agrees? Clichy has a much better engine, he's a much better team player, has more pace, better positional sense.

He is mate
As an attacking full back he is as good as Zabaleta and the stats back that up, I grant you his defending isn't too hot but he has been used by both Mancini and Pellegrini mainly for his attacking qualities. Yes we could do better but we could also do a lot better than Clichy, who has had his share of defensive lapses and is not as good going forward.

Clichy is much more technically proficient and has a far better work rate and attitude and looked very good towards the end of last season and in pre-season. He's definitely a Pep player and the better of the two.

Angelino is an improvement on Kolarov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.