Alex Salmond R.I.P

In his prime he was arguably the best politician in the UK. Met him once and seemed sound, for a jambo. Taking the Kremlin roubles diminished my respect for him.

Obviously sad for his family and friends.

Politically, having lived in Scotland a couple of times in my life, and also being married to a scot, I had absolutely no time for him, as he tried to break the UK up.

In my time living up there, his rhetoric made life for an English person living and working there, for the UK government quite difficult.

In my time living there being English in a Scottish pub/venue there could be quite difficult, depending on who you met, and there was a bit of hatred aimed at me, certainly not the normal banter between England and Scotland.

Reactions: PPT
Wait for the tsunami of Harrods/ Saville/ Me Too etc. Wont be long. And I dont mean to sound trite or flippant by that. It will.

And Sturgeon will re-emerge to either say that

a) she is sorry to hear about the awful behaviour and shocked or

b) she heard about it and thats why she had to step back because nobody would listen and she didnt have confidence to come forward about her mentor

This bloke will be shown to be within the next 2 years as a total ****, mark my words

A friend of ours did his make up for a tv studio appearance in Glasgow about 10 years back. He was rude and very abrupt to her as soon as he found our she was English. Not the same person on camera strangely. But in his defence many famous people aren't the same off camera sadly.

Reactions: PPT
A friend of ours did his make up for a tv studio appearance in Glasgow about 10 years back. He was rude and very abrupt to her as soon as he found our she was English. Not the same person on camera strangely. But in his defence many famous people aren't the same off camera sadly.
I met him a couple of times during the time i lived in Scotland, he came across as a deeply unpleasant man off camera.

Wait for the tsunami of Harrods/ Saville/ Me Too etc. Wont be long. And I dont mean to sound trite or flippant by that. It will.

b) she heard about it and thats why she had to step back because nobody would listen and she didnt have confidence to come forward about her mentor

This bloke will be shown to be within the next 2 years as a total ****, mark my words
I know/knew someone who worked high up in his office.

He said Salmon was an ignorant bully and nightmare to work for.

Obviously sad for his family and friends.

Politically, having lived in Scotland a couple of times in my life, and also being married to a scot, I had absolutely no time for him, as he tried to break the UK up.

In my time living up there, his rhetoric made life for an English person living and working there, for the UK government quite difficult.

In my time living there being English in a Scottish pub/venue there could be quite difficult, depending on who you met, and there was a bit of hatred aimed at me, certainly not the normal banter between England and Scotland.
Don’t know where in Scotland you were but I’ve been here 25 years now and never had any problems,whether in Salmonds time,around the referendum or since.

Don’t know where in Scotland you were but I’ve been here 25 years now and never had any problems,whether in Salmonds time,around the referendum or since.
[/QUOTE]
It's not the case for everyone, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't occur!

It's not the case for everyone, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't occur!
[/QUOTE]
Sure it does there are bigots everywhere, but it isn’t common.

as a SNP member, I can tell you now. He was an English hating ****. Loathsome man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.