Alex Salmond R.I.P

It's not the case for everyone, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't occur!
Sure it does there are bigots everywhere, but it isn’t common.
[/QUOTE]
Over the countless times I’ve been in England I have had the Scottish ****, remark. To be fair, I was robbing his house. Bigotry and intolerance are everywhere. But it’s a very minuscule lot of twats.

My earlier point wasn't saying it was widespread, just that it was stoked by the rhotoric of the likes of Salmond.

I'm married to a scot, and her family were fine with me at the time, and she's spent the majority of her life living in England since we met.
I can’t agree, the issue was never anti English. It was pro us. It was a lot of let’s get who we vote for. I have pointed out before we haven’t voted the Tories in majority for over 70 years, but your doss **** compatriots, keep voting for them. Turkeys and Christmas spring to mind. There are 500,000 English people living here. 10% of our population. That’s a lot. Just as well we aren’t Nazis about immigrants eh? Focus on that and not some personal anecdote concerning an individual wanker and trying to equate that with how it is. That’s not a rational, intelligent or accurate position to take, or worse, promote as reality. It’s just not true. Remember too, the pro union media demonised him and Sturgeon, believing that shit, again, probably accounts for how fucking gullible so many in England are to horseshit. Again, look at the number of years the Tories have been in power since the war. You can’t fucking help yourselves. Yes sir, no sir, you’re a toff sir, you’re much better than us sir. go on , fuck us over then blame us and make us pay.
Not all of you, obviously, but enough to keep those utter vermin in power. That’s why we wanted to go it alone. And 500,000 English people would have been involved in making it work. To start with. Then more would come. We need immigrants, and we actually quite like you cunts. That’s the truth.

I can’t agree, the issue was never anti English. It was pro us. It was a lot of let’s get who we vote for. I have pointed out before we haven’t voted the Tories in majority for over 70 years, but your doss **** compatriots, keep voting for them. Turkeys and Christmas spring to mind. There are 500,000 English people living here. 10% of our population. That’s a lot. Just as well we aren’t Nazis about immigrants eh? Focus on that and not some personal anecdote concerning an individual wanker and trying to equate that with how it is. That’s not a rational, intelligent or accurate position to take, or worse, promote as reality. It’s just not true. Remember too, the pro union media demonised him and Sturgeon, believing that shit, again, probably accounts for how fucking gullible so many in England are to horseshit. Again, look at the number of years the Tories have been in power since the war. You can’t fucking help yourselves. Yes sir, no sir, you’re a toff sir, you’re much better than us sir. go on , fuck us over then blame us and make us pay.
Not all of you, obviously, but enough to keep those utter vermin in power. That’s why we wanted to go it alone. And 500,000 English people would have been involved in making it work. To start with. Then more would come. We need immigrants, and we actually quite like you cunts. That’s the truth.
I despised Salmon as privately he was a bigoted little prick. Quite unlike Nicola and Swinney. There are a minority of Nationalists that are anti English just like there a minority of English that are anti scots. Not enough is talked about the media in Scotland. They are just as poisonous as they are in England. In that we have a big shared problem.

What’s your view on Salmond though mate?

What’s your view on Salmond though mate?
He was a double edged sword. At times he could be astute and a player. At others he had cringe episodes, which annoyed me. He could be smug and self appreciative. He could also be a great orator and debater. The media would demonise him, influencing some less than astute political observers, and reinforcing bias of those who opposed his political ambitions. The fact they didn’t miss an opportunity to undermine him, shows he was a genuine threat. The Establishment has been undermining opposition and its leaders for centuries. It’s good at it.

He will be remembered as an influential political force. That’s a fact, whether you like or loathe him. He stood down and allowed a better operator to take over, that was required and I respected the fact he knew he had to stand aside.

I've lived in Scotland for most of my adult life and have experienced very little anti English sentiment and don't think it is a significant problem taken in general. Though clearly there are a few poisonous people anywhere and anyone who comes across them has my sympathies.

Salmond was clearly a very effective and important politician in Scotland whose political legacy could still have a major affect on the UK as a whole. I have certainly heard from some who have worked with him that he wasn't great to work for.

Firstly thanks for the rant, I'll try not take it personally, and I'm not going to get into a political discussion with you, but some of your comments there I really have no time for.

I stated what I felt when I lived there the second time, for the record....

I first moved to Scotland in the early 1980's, as a 19 year old living on my own, the SNP at that time were more (or seemed it to me) right wing than the tories, they were a right wing nationalist party imho, and many were bigoted, fortunately there weren't many where I lived, and the vast majority were really nice people, and I made plenty of friends. I had (and to a degree still have) little interest in politics like some who love to live and breath it. It's generally a "meh" to me, and it seems whoever is in charge, it tends to be shit, just different shit.

I'm not sure when and where they inverted into a left wing nationalist party, as I left again at 21 to go live on a military base in Germany, but when I returned (different region) at 27, they had morphed into what felt to me like an anti English party first and foremost, and living in quite a working class area where the majority were labour voters (at least they won any elections then - I never once voted in Scotland), all they (SNP people) seemed to live for, was being anti English, anything English, and they always told anyone English that they were SNP.

I lasted 2 years before thankfully moving jobs back to England, since then I've been back only for family occasions (mostly funerals sadly), and on the odd holiday, and most of the time I've had no issue, apart from the odd bit of "banter" with family, which I knew was just that.

So 3 experiences at different times of my life, 2 were fine, 1 wasn't. I like Scotland a lot, but you have some people that don't do you any favours.

As for 500,000 English living in Scotland, I've no idea, but I do know there are lots of Scots who live in England, and they are quite different to some of those I met on my second time living there.

Anyway this is getting very off topic, and like I said in my first post in the thread, it's sad for his family and friends, but I had no time for the guy, a typical politician that liked to shout loudest.

Firstly thanks for the rant, I'll try not take it personally, and I'm not going to get into a political discussion with you, but some of your comments there I really have no time for.

I stated what I felt when I lived there the second time, for the record....

I first moved to Scotland in the early 1980's, as a 19 year old living on my own, the SNP at that time were more (or seemed it to me) right wing than the tories, they were a right wing nationalist party imho, and many were bigoted, fortunately there weren't many where I lived, and the vast majority were really nice people, and I made plenty of friends. I had (and to a degree still have) little interest in politics like some who love to live and breath it. It's generally a "meh" to me, and it seems whoever is in charge, it tends to be shit, just different shit.

I'm not sure when and where they inverted into a left wing nationalist party, as I left again at 21 to go live on a military base in Germany, but when I returned (different region) at 27, they had morphed into what felt to me like an anti English party first and foremost, and living in quite a working class area where the majority were labour voters (at least they won any elections then - I never once voted in Scotland), all they (SNP people) seemed to live for, was being anti English, anything English, and they always told anyone English that they were SNP.

I lasted 2 years before thankfully moving jobs back to England, since then I've been back only for family occasions (mostly funerals sadly), and on the odd holiday, and most of the time I've had no issue, apart from the odd bit of "banter" with family, which I knew was just that.

So 3 experiences at different times of my life, 2 were fine, 1 wasn't. I like Scotland a lot, but you have some people that don't do you any favours.

As for 500,000 English living in Scotland, I've no idea, but I do know there are lots of Scots who live in England, and they are quite different to some of those I met on my second time living there.

Anyway this is getting very off topic, and like I said in my first post in the thread, it's sad for his family and friends, but I had no time for the guy, a typical politician that liked to shout loudest.
It wasn’t pointed at you and every country has horrible cunts. It began transforming into a left wing party when they realised Scotland is more left wing and Labour went Right. After Indy when Labour had stood shoulder to shoulder with Cameron, that was the straw. There are lots of Scots in England, not 10% not 6million. Or we would probably have a coup and make you all say Aye and Naw, pronounce H, make it a capital offence to sing Engerland.

You will thank us in the end.

as a SNP member, I can tell you now. He was an English hating ****. Loathsome man.

He had the face of a toad and married an old hag. Despite all the power, I bet you'd have hated your life, and everyone else If you traded places with the ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.