Alexander Kolarov

Prefer Kolarov to Clichy, only when facing a pacy a tricky winger would I consider Clichy first choice.

pudge said:
redmizzle said:
Barryt69 said:
Why do we let Kolarov (goal against Napoli noted) take every freekick within 35 yards of goal? There is so much creative talent available I just think it's a waste more often than not.

He takes freekicks because he's good at taking freekicks. Hope that helps.
But he ALWAYS shoots from free kicks, i wish he would at least attempt to cross it in the box, a hard hit, fast, head height ball in the box off his left foot would be more dangerous than him shooting from 35 yards out each time imo

Personally, i don't see the point in floating the ball into the box when you have someone in the team who can almost always hit the target. It's one of his strengths. The aim is to score afterall and crossing the ball into the box doesn't guarantee a goal anyway. I don't have the stats but i think you're exaggerating when you say he ALWAYS goes for goal.

Like people have been saying, Kolarov is great against the teams who aren't so pacey or quick counter attacks but Clichy is on another level when defending against class wingers. Nani is still trying to get out of his pocket.

redmizzle said:
pudge said:
redmizzle said:
He takes freekicks because he's good at taking freekicks. Hope that helps.
But he ALWAYS shoots from free kicks, i wish he would at least attempt to cross it in the box, a hard hit, fast, head height ball in the box off his left foot would be more dangerous than him shooting from 35 yards out each time imo

Personally, i don't see the point in floating the ball into the box when you have someone in the team who can almost always hit the target. It's one of his strengths. The aim is to score afterall and crossing the ball into the box doesn't guarantee a goal anyway. I don't have the stats but i think you're exaggerating when you say he ALWAYS goes for goal.
Ok maybe not always lol but i think you're exaggerating when you say he almost always hits the target. Also i don't mean floating the ball in, i'm not a fan of that either, but with his left foot i would like to see him just whip it across the face of goal or towards the far post head height.

pudge said:
redmizzle said:
pudge said:

Ok maybe not always lol but i think you're exaggerating when you say he almost always hits the target. Also i don't mean floating the ball in, i'm not a fan of that either, but with his left foot i would like to see him just whip it across the face of goal or towards the far post head height.

Pudge:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62i5qprE3HM[/youtube]
Check at 1:05 . Straight from the mouth of England no.1, who has faced all possible and impossible domestic and international opponents, Hart says Kolarov has the hardest shot in the game. With this resounding endorsement, it should now be pretty clear why Kolarov takes most freekicks.

Number10 said:
pudge said:
redmizzle said:

Pudge:
Check at 1:05 . Straight from the mouth of England no.1, who has faced all possible and impossible domestic and international opponents, Hart says Kolarov has the hardest shot in the game. With this resounding endorsement, it should now be pretty clear why Kolarov takes most freekicks.
Sorry, we all know and can see he has a rocket of a left foot but there's a difference between being consistently good at free kicks, e.g. working the keeper, hitting the target; and hitting the ball hard. In my opinion, i don't think he hits the target as much as he should or takes advantage of the free kick considering the amount of free kicks he takes

Celebritykiller said:
Prefer Kolarov to Clichy, only when facing a pacy a tricky winger would I consider Clichy first choice.

Madness.

The only reason he looked brill last night was because their young right back had a complete mare.

We should be looking to start Richards & Clichy most Prem & Champions League games.

Ntini77 said:
Celebritykiller said:

Madness.

The only reason he looked brill last night was because their young right back had a complete mare.

We should be looking to start Richards & Clichy most Prem & Champions League games.

Not madness at all, as I also prefer Kolarov. Clichy is brilliant too though.

pudge said:
Number10 said:
pudge said:

Pudge:
Sorry, we all know and can see he has a rocket of a left foot but there's a difference between being consistently good at free kicks, e.g. working the keeper, hitting the target; and hitting the ball hard. In my opinion, i don't think he hits the target as much as he should or takes advantage of the free kick considering the amount of free kicks he takes

With the immense potential he has, Kolarov has to be allowed to shoot the free kicks and miss to get better. He's about to turn 26, and within a couple of years, he could become our own Sinisa Mihajlovic. Also, he takes free kicks from the right side (attacking), when it's free kicks from the left side, it's Mario, Aguero, or even Yaya.

ramsdale4 said:
Ntini77 said:
Celebritykiller said:

Madness.

Not madness at all, as I also prefer Kolarov. Clichy is brilliant too though.

Thank fuck Mancini disagrees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.