Alexander Kolarov

Ntini77 said:
ramsdale4 said:
Ntini77 said:
Madness.

The only reason he looked brill last night was because their young right back had a complete mare.

We should be looking to start Richards & Clichy most Prem & Champions League games.

Not madness at all, as I also prefer Kolarov. Clichy is brilliant too though.

Thank fuck Mancini disagrees.

I agree that Clichy should play most games. Kolarov is very useful though and thank fuck Mancini sees that in him unlike some people on here.

Never feel as confident when I see Kolarovs name on the teamsheet as I do when I see Clichy the same can be said about Zabaleta who hasn't been as good as he was last year.

I think he is a great player, has a fantastic shot on him and a great crosser...

A lot of people think he is slow but i would disagree, i think sometimes he is a bit too casual in his running style but can keep up with most players if the need arises..

Kolarov gets way to much stick on here. He struggled at first, transitioning to a very different league (the switch from Serie A to the Prem is no walk in the park, I would imagine) and coming off an injury. However, since the end of last season and in this season, he has been in good form.

That being said, I still think Clichy is first choice at this point, because he's been brilliant. However, against teams without a pacy winger, I'd like to see Kolarov get some starts. His left boot is unreal.

We have too very good left backs at the club, and for that we are very, very lucky.

yankblue said:
Kolarov gets way to much stick on here. He struggled at first, transitioning to a very different league (the switch from Serie A to the Prem is no walk in the park, I would imagine) and coming off an injury. However, since the end of last season and in this season, he has been in good form.

That being said, I still think Clichy is first choice at this point, because he's been brilliant. However, against teams without a pacy winger, I'd like to see Kolarov get some starts. His left boot is unreal.

We have too very good left backs at the club, and for that we are very, very lucky.

this is the thing with us that people don't seem to grasp, we're not little city who are going to play 40 games a season(i.e out in the first round of both FA & Carling cup) we need squad depth and we have that in abundance. clichy is rightfully first choice as is micah, but both zaba and kolarov with have a big impact this season.

i'm unconvinced. i don't think he is as bad as people make out on here, but at times his positioning is poor, which exposes the centre halfs at times, and i feel he just doesn't do enough to cut the supply from out wide, which we will rarely be punished on because the two in the middle are immense, but in a big game you never know

Celebritykiller said:
Prefer Kolarov to Clichy, only when facing a pacy a tricky winger would I consider Clichy first choice.

Love them both. They both have their roles to play. We are lucky to have the option of both.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:31 am --<br /><br />
Number10 said:
Also, he takes free kicks from the right side (attacking), when it's free kicks from the left side, it's Mario, Aguero, or even Yaya.

Again with these facts...ruining what is otherwise a good Kolarov slating.

Ntini77 said:
ramsdale4 said:
Ntini77 said:
Madness.

The only reason he looked brill last night was because their young right back had a complete mare.

We should be looking to start Richards & Clichy most Prem & Champions League games.

Not madness at all, as I also prefer Kolarov. Clichy is brilliant too though.

Thank fuck Mancini disagrees.

Mancini disagrees? Have you watched the three CL games where Kolarov started. I keep reading this post to make sure that I am reading this right and, yes, it seems that you think Bobby prefers Kolarov over Clichy. Open your eyes.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:37 am --<br /><br />
Wellsblue21 said:
this is the thing with us that people don't seem to grasp, we're not little city who are going to play 40 games a season(i.e out in the first round of both FA & Carling cup) we need squad depth and we have that in abundance. clichy is rightfully first choice as is micah, but both zaba and kolarov with have a big impact this season.

How can you say Clichy is first choice when Kola started all three CL games (also known as the biggest football competition in the world)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.