Alexander Kolarov

He's another who's been turned into a completely different player by Bob since his arrival. Playing in the right position, he is an awesome prospect. Problem is, the right position doesnt seem to be either left mid or left back..... Work that out..?

shikariblue said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
shikariblue said:
As someone has pointed out, we conceded joint least in the league last season with him being the first choice left back. Yesterday I thought he did well defensively. Was very smart at times e.g the little header from a dangerous cross to make sure noone got on the end.

As someone else pointed out, the only bad thing about him is his pace. Clichy has it and it makes him better defensively against wingers. But Kolarov offers more going forward.
I'll admit he's very slowly improving (although it's not hard from last season), I'm just not sure he'll ever improve enough to be City standard.

We looked better in defence last year with Zab at left back. I think most clean sheets would have been from when Micah-Vinnie-Lescott-Zab were the back four.

This season we have Clichy, who's better than him at just about everything apart from wellying the ball dead, dead hard.

I can only remember the derby at OT when this was the line-up. The one where Nani took the piss and Rooney's freak goal. Don't get me wrong, I love Zabba, but he is a much better RB. Very harsh to say he is shit and not City standard (agreed that Clichy is better though). I also don't think it's down to you knowing about football, I just think you hate the guy for a few bad games.
I've not got the stats so might be wrong, but just going off my memory, I remember us looking so much more comfortable with Zabba.

I don't hate the guy, infact off the pitch, I like him, seems a character. I'll agree he has improved this season, but for every little improvement, you still get that Kolarov what the fuck are you doing moment (the handball was last nights).

I'd love him to prove me wrong.

Still a little previous with the crosses, but for me Dzeko was more the one lacking, a little bit of desire and decisive movement and he had two more easy goals last night.

His touch and physical game has improved this year. He certainly can defend, he's one of our smarter defenders in the box, but it's true he still struggles one on one.

You have to put his efforts into context.

People compare him to Bale but there is zero chance of anyone ever playing Cornelius at LB again (not so much due to his complete vulnerability to wingers, more that he's never made a last ditch clearance or blocked a runner in his life).

Does anyone even remember the last time Evra or Cole scored? Quick check reveals that Evra has scored 3 goals in 5 years and 250 appearances for Utd. Cole has 6 in 220 for Chelsea. Kola has 5 in his first 50 matches for City. (I've deliberately left Gael out of this comparison, let's just say his scoring record isn't inspiring.)

AK looks like scoring or creating a goal every time he goes forward. The nearest equivalent would be Baines at Everton; a more cultured attacking player but hardly more effective, and against wingers and strikers, he's repeatedly been shown to be as weak as they come.

this debate will never end unless he scores 20 goals a season, has the most assists, best defensive record, runs the 100m faster than Bolt etc...

Some of us are never happy. He has been doing very well in the games he played.

Against Wolves the whole defence looked shakey and out of place, mainly because there wasn't the cover from midfield that was present against united. At one of the Wolves chances, Zab was defending against 2 Wolves players in the six yard box!

I believe that none of you would like to see him in the opponents' team. and that alone is a proof enough for the haters. he is an excellent player and Mancini knows that. Do you really think he would be playing at all in this City team if he wasn't great player?

Elcor said:
I believe that none of you would like to see him in the opponents' team. and that alone is a proof enough for the haters. he is an excellent player and Mancini knows that. Do you really think he would be playing at all in this City team if he wasn't great player?
I'd absolutely love to see Silva/AJ/Milner/Nasri up against Kolarov.

Before he played for us he'd never played at a level like this before when at Lazio (they were a regular bottom half team). He'd been picked for Serbia but never played for them in any tournament or big qualifiers, he'd also never played in Europe for Lazio.

Because of the "Mourinho wanted him as his first signing at Real Madrid" stuff, for a change, City fans went over the top. Many went over the top in their expectations of him thinkng we'd signed a top international left back (but I don't think he even made it on as a sub in the World Cup for Serbia) and then when he showed signs that he wasn't a top international left back many went over the top in ther criticisms of him. But this is City fans we're talking about, so no surprise there!

I think he keeps showing improvements all the time. He's now played in Europe, he's got more big game experience and he's now a regular for Serbia. I like him too, seems like a cool fella. He's got a shit load of improving to do though but I don't see why he wont achieve these improvements and become a real top player.

Elcor said:

I don't think that any single player can stop Silva, but I am quite certain that he would easily handle other three.

Elcor said:
Elcor said:

I don't think that any single player can stop Silva, but I am quite certain that he would easily handle other three.
I don't know if you're being serious or not?

You can add Micah to that as well by the way.

i've been quite negative towards him since his arrival but he played very well yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.