How will they know? I’m just going to keep isolated as much as I can. There’s no point me registering it as they don’t care.
It's based on random ONS sampling, so probably more accurate than self-reporting ever was.

But with so little testing, I'm not sure how they're keeping tabs on variants - presumably from the same ONS sampling.

It's based on random ONS sampling, so probably more accurate than self-reporting ever was.

But with so little testing, I'm not sure how they're keeping tabs on variants - presumably from the same ONS sampling.
I guess it’s mostly from people in hospital?

I guess it’s mostly from people in hospital?
I hope not. That's too late to be aware of the spread of variants, especially new ones, if one of those variants turns out to be a vaccine-buster and/or more deadly.

I saw an animation of how quickly the Delta variant spread from Kent around the country.

I hope not. That's too late to be aware of the spread of variants, especially new ones, if one of those variants turns out to be a vaccine-buster and/or more deadly.

I saw an animation of how quickly the Delta variant spread from Kent around the country.
If I’m the start of a new variant, they won’t know from me though and I will statistically pass it on to 5-10 people and off we go again.

I can’t see how they are monitoring who has what strain quick enough for them to be proactive on new variants.

Maybe they, like us, are hoping each subsequent variant is milder.

You’ve given me something to watch. Day 2 of Covid isolation.

Thanks EB
Ohhh sorry to hear about your Covid @Alan Harper's Tash you’re the third person in the last 48 hrs I’ve heard of who have the dreaded Covid! Hope it isn’t too bad.
Frankie Boyle’s assessment of Johnson should amuse you and then Adam’s remark about not booking 2 people on the same programme made me lowl as I saw last week’s episode as well. Enjoy. :-)

Last edited:
Ohhh sorry to hear about your Covid @Alan Harper's Tash youre the third person in the last 48 hrs I’ve heard of who have the dreaded Covid! Hope it isn’t too bad.
Frankie Boyle’s assessment of Johnson should amuse you and then Adam’s remark about not booking 2 people on the same programme made me lowl as I saw last week’s episode as well. Enjoy. :-)
Thanks EB. My symptom is a dry throat. I’ll put that down to the vaccines doing their job… ;-)

I’m sitting in the garden with a pot of tea at the moment. Could get used to this isolation lark!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.