Sunak is now surely going to win. I think he’s fucked at the next election regardless, but hope he shows a bit of moral backbone and excludes some of the extremists who populated Johnson and Truss’ cabinets and makes a fresh start. The likes of Patel, Braverman, Rees-Mogg etc should never see office again.

Sunak is now surely going to win. I think he’s fucked at the next election regardless, but hope he shows a bit of moral backbone and excludes some of the extremists who populated Johnson and Truss’ cabinets and makes a fresh start. The likes of Patel, Braverman, Rees-Mogg etc should never see office again.

Agree doesn’t matter who is pm they’ll be slung out next GE

He'd be booed anywhere in public.

And he appointed Truss.

Nice try, though.
Ironically the great narcissist didn't go out often in public. He was usually found in Primary Schools sitting with the kids. Or hiding in a fridge.

I think he’ll have it won by Monday.

Will be genuinely interesting to see who he appoints to his cabinet. Presumably Hunt keeps his job as Chancellor with Wallace staying in Defence, and he obviously doesn’t have an abundance of talent to choose from. But it’s a good opportunity to get rid of the weirdos and gobshites, and make appointments that actually appear plausible. Of all the weird shit that’s happened over the past month, having Therese Coffey as health secretary still dumbfounds me.

I’m not sure he can do that as they’ll be knifing him in the back. Also, I’m not sure if there’s enough talent left in the pool, we are now left with the dross.

I think he’ll have it won by Monday.

Will be genuinely interesting to see who he appoints to his cabinet. Presumably Hunt keeps his job as Chancellor with Wallace staying in Defence, and he obviously doesn’t have an abundance of talent to choose from. But it’s a good opportunity to get rid of the weirdos and gobshites, and make appointments that actually appear plausible. Of all the weird shit that’s happened over the past month, having Therese Coffey as health secretary still dumbfounds me.

Javid as Home Sec maybe. I don't think Hunt would cause a fuss if Javid was wanted as Chancellor, with Hunt going to Foreign or Home.
That probably means Shapps needs giving something else (no, I don't see why everyone likes him).

In one respect it would be good to see Johnson do it because it would spell the end of the Tory party and would likely cause a government collapse leading to an early election. The problem is that it would crash the economy again which would be bad for all of us. On balance we’d be better off with Sunak for a couple of years. He should steady the economy and get rid of the nutters. Thankfully he’d still have no chance of winning the next election because the next two years are going to be extremely difficult anyway and he can’t get away from his complicity as being part of the disastrous Johnson government since 2019. He’s simply the best of a bad bunch.

In one respect it would be good to see Johnson do it because it would spell the end of the Tory party and would likely cause a government collapse leading to an early election. The problem is that it would crash the economy again which would be bad for all of us. On balance we’d be better off with Sunak for a couple of years. He should steady the economy and get rid of the nutters. Thankfully he’d still have no chance of winning the next election because the next two years are going to be extremely difficult anyway and he can’t get away from his complicity as being part of the disastrous Johnson government since 2019. He’s simply the best of a bad bunch.

Out of curiosity- what he really does show great leadership and performs well as a PM - bringing stability and helping the economy ?

Do we still get rid simply because he’s under the banner of conservatives?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.