Alexis Mac Allister

Bloom will want big bucks circa 80+ million for "World Cup winner" McAllister.
Don't think we'd go that high and hope we don't have to if Bernie will stay.
If not, Bellingham and Kovacic or Maddison will do nicely with Gvardiol if Laportes off.
Are we all happy with Ake at LB now?

No doubt, MacAllister is a good player, but I don't think he's that special and can improve City, just like as all other Brighton players everyone is raving about - including Mitoma and Caicedo. It's a case of a well assembled squad looking far better than it is thanks to phenomenal management and coaching.

Reminds me of the time when Sarri's Napoli were flavour of the day, and fellow posters wanted to sign the likes of Diawara, lol. The majority of Napoli's players had benefitted heavily from rigid system and struggled to replicate that form later.

I think Brighton's only real star (besides the owner) is De Zerbi. He's been known as a tactical innovator for several years already, but only now I'm starting to realise that this guy might be destined for a top, top career

Surely you can't sit there and watch Moises Caicedo and not think he's destined for the top?

He's quality.

No doubt, MacAllister is a good player, but I don't think he's that special and can improve City, just like as all other Brighton players everyone is raving about - including Mitoma and Caicedo. It's a case of a well assembled squad looking far better than it is thanks to phenomenal management and coaching.
I watched quite a bit of Brighton and actually think Mitoma looks pretty special, probably only lacking a little in his final ball. Looks to be one of the best dribblers in the league right now.

MacAllister, I agree, it's purely hype from the media and being a World Cup winner. Not to say he's shite, but as you say, nothing that special. Watched him for Brighton before he went to the World Cup (thought he was Scottish or something then, lol), watched him at the World Cup and wasn't that impressed. Incredible work rate though, but some are way off the mark thinking he is an adequate replacement for KdB.

I look at MacAllister as a potential Bernado replacement. Obviously that transfer has been on/off the cards for a few years now. Tolm said Brighton have quoted 80m, but we know what it’s like negotiating with them.

If it’s sign MacAllister or keep Bernado (even for one more year) I’m keeping Bernado every time.

If we sold Bernado and replaced him with Alexis I would be happy though.

I look at MacAllister as a potential Bernado replacement. Obviously that transfer has been on/off the cards for a few years now. Tolm said Brighton have quoted 80m, but we know what it’s like negotiating with them.

If it’s sign MacAllister or keep Bernado (even for one more year) I’m keeping Bernado every time.

If we sold Bernado and replaced him with Alexis I would be happy though.
I disagree with "Gary"Mac Allister being the ideal replacement for Bernie.
Bernie sets the tone and pace for City's pressing.
He is City's leader in effort and energy.
Also, Bernie is the smile on City's face with his positive attitude and all around enthusiasm.
He will be very, very difficult to replicate...

Also, Bernie is the smile on City's face with his positive attitude and all around enthusiasm.
And he explicitly hates the red scousers all amazing talents

As we have found over the years players are either very difficult or impossible to replicate. But we keep adjusting and keep moving forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.