Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the guarantee of success this coming season that Sanchez offers you imo. If we get Dembele, we'll have 5 forward players, 4 of which will be young and relatively inexperienced but expected to provide a significant number of goals and mount a title challenge

Oh I agree but i'm suggesting alternatives because Sanchez isn't nailed on. Any immediate alternative for Sanchez, 20+ goal 20+ assists, will cost the price currently being banded around for Neymar.

Mbappe is the ideal alternative, guarantees you the goals Sanchez can score and is only 18 but you're still talking £130m-£150m in my opinion. Dembele is a cheaper option £80m-£90m who is only getting better. Neymar could be an alternative but you're talking £200m.

Eventually cost will become an issue and if Sanchez isn't attainable then we have to be realistic about which other attackers we could bring in. A big target man isn't really an option given the way we play, so then you're looking at technical, fast, goal scorers and there aren't many around that are available.

Oh I agree but i'm suggesting alternatives because Sanchez isn't nailed on. Any immediate alternative for Sanchez, 20+ goal 20+ assists, will cost the price currently being banded around for Neymar.

Mbappe is the ideal alternative, guarantees you the goals Sanchez can score and is only 18 but you're still talking £130m-£150m in my opinion. Dembele is a cheaper option £80m-£90m who is only getting better. Neymar could be an alternative but you're talking £200m.

Eventually cost will become an issue and if Sanchez isn't attainable then we have to be realistic about which other attackers we could bring in. A big target man isn't really an option given the way we play, so then you're looking at technical, fast, goal scorers and there aren't many around that are available.

That's why it will be so frustrating if we don't get Sanchez. Here and now he's perfect for us. He offers balance to what we already have both positionally and in terms of experience and he adds that fire power. Can't see anyone out there who can give us that

Last edited:
If Arsenal are really just flat out refusing to sell to us then we should just go balls deep for Lemar. We get their big target who could have spent 10 years at the club and they lose Sanchez on a free next year.

If Sanchez really holds firm and doesn't get tempted by PSG then Arsenal would buckle if we tell them we're going in hard for Lemar.

If Arsenal are really just flat out refusing to sell to us then we should just go balls deep for Lemar. We get their big target who could have spent 10 years at the club and they lose Sanchez on a free next year.

If Sanchez really holds firm and doesn't get tempted by PSG then Arsenal would buckle if we tell them we're going in hard for Lemar.
Good call.

Does anyone else think that by buying Sanchez it will set one of the younger players back? I mean if we buy him for a big transfer fee then he has to play right? Will this not stop Jesus/Sane from developing further? I honestly feel we would be better keeping Aguero and rotating him with Jesus. I personally like to see the players we have now develop into world class players rather than buy them in.

I'm sorry, but that is a childish, spiteful and cynical approach to transfers. It is tantamount to blackmail and will turn many other clubs against you.

Also, Monaco and Lemar would know full well what you are doing and would probably take great offence in being used as a pawn in the Sanchez game and tell you to piss off.

Would be great if sanchez walked on a free to us next year as well as us signing lemar.

Lets say we don't get him which is a 50/50 imo and it's clear Pep wants another attacker, who realistically would be an option?

I like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.