Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Arsenal are really just flat out refusing to sell to us then we should just go balls deep for Lemar. We get their big target who could have spent 10 years at the club and they lose Sanchez on a free next year.

If Sanchez really holds firm and doesn't get tempted by PSG then Arsenal would buckle if we tell them we're going in hard for Lemar.
I'm pretty sure that if they flat out refuse then we will just up our offer till they don't refuse. I'm sure we will pay big bucks for him. If we're willing to spunk 90 mil on dembele we will probably drop that on Sanchez too. It's all about the here and now and sanchez is definitely the best option out there.

Lets say we don't get him which is a 50/50 imo and it's clear Pep wants another attacker, who realistically would be an option?
In that case I genuinely think we would go big for Dembele or Mbappe, or even Aubameyang. But I read somewhere that Dortmund's internal window will be closed in a week's time so idk. Dybala is another option but I don't know if it's realistic.

Wenger can say what he likes. He already has a player who wants to leave and by his comments he will have royally pissed him off now. So he forces a pissed off player to stay and gets nothing for him next year or takes 50 million now and moves on.

Which makes me think that he will be outvoted if Mr K. decides to use his financial brain rather than back Mr W. ´s emotional response.
He may be the spokesperson for the media but like most organisations PR is the barrier between policy and the outside world and often gives them what they want to hear(the fans that is) not reality.

I've seen it mentioned a few times, but pretty sure English teams couldn't offer Sanchez a contract until April 1st. Other European clubs could on January 1st. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure that The Fiscal Year difference is always a template for Contracts ?

Which makes me think that he will be outvoted if Mr K. decides to use his financial brain rather than back Mr W. ´s emotional response.
He may be the spokesperson for the media but like most organisations PR is the barrier between policy and the outside world and often gives them what they want to hear(the fans that is) not reality.
Yet you would imagine that the Sanchez issue would have been on the agenda when Wenger's contract extension was being considered, Kroenke must have been aware of Wenger's viewpoint so you would think he supports it otherwise what was the point of keeping Wenger for 2 more years if he immediately pisses him off by selling Sanchez to City?

Honestly if he ends up at PSG it will be Arsenal blocking the move to a premier league rival, I don't think Wenger likes City especially very much. To blame that on Txiki would be misdirecting your emotions, what exactly can we expect him to do if Arsenal really don't want to sell to us? Let me guess increase the bid? He would strengthen us but he's not pivotal for our season in fact we could save that cash for a mega bid next season for Mbappé if he stays at Monaco, in any case going too far over Sanchez's evaluation is not the answer.

Yet you would imagine that the Sanchez issue would have been on the agenda when Wenger's contract extension was being considered, Kroenke must have been aware of Wenger's viewpoint so you would think he supports it otherwise what was the point of keeping Wenger for 2 more years if he immediately pisses him off by selling Sanchez to City?

Good point but perhaps Mr K. endorses Mr W´s role at the moment and he is simply acting as PR for the fans ie a conduit to keep the peace until a maximum deal can be made or otherwise with or for our target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.