Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a big game of chess it's been going on for a couple of weeks now, arsenal say something positive as though everything is rosie then within a 12 hour timescale Sanchez does something to rock the boat and piss them off. Arsenal then go on record pretending everything is good. Cant wait for the sanchez reply.

Born at St Mary's, mate. The old one, in town.
townie__logo.jpg

Fair play to you mate. I take no pleasure in seeing a player treat a club the way Sanchez is treating Arsenal. We've had similar things with Tevez in the past, I absolutely loved him as a player, but sometimes you have to accept the club will be better without the disruptive influence at the club.

Sanchez is an incredible player and could be the missing link for us to win the league and challenge in Europe. He just looks completely tailor made for what City need. I hope it can all be resolved amicably, but it seems like this is what happens regularly when players want to get out of big clubs - they act like pricks and force the move.

Hope you go and get Lemar and finish top 4 again, I'd root for Arsenal over Spurs, Liverpool and The Shite any day of the week.
If you told your employer you wanted to leave and he told you that you couldn't, would you be enthusiastic in your job? Sanchez has signed a contract but he's not a slave, never a good idea to keep a player who doesn't want to be there

If you told your employer you wanted to leave and he told you that you couldn't, would you be enthusiastic in your job? Sanchez has signed a contract but he's not a slave, never a good idea to keep a player who doesn't want to be there

Dodgy ground comparing footballers with slaves, mate.

The difference is in my job I'm not an asset worth tens of millions of pounds to my employer (debatable to be fair).

If you owned a factory and I owned a factory, and I came and bought your best machine, and you didn't want to sell, you'd feel pretty aggrieved if I just bought it anyway.

You'd be even more aggrieved if I somehow snook in to your factory at night and stole the keys so it wouldn't work again until I'd bought it off you.

I don't think footballers are just enployees, they're multi million pound assets as well. In US sport, players under contract are traded to teams and cities they have absolutely no say in. They just turn up to work in LA one day and get told "you've been traded to Denver" they pack their bags and off they go, no say in the matter.

The concept in the US is that the clubs own the economic rights to the players and they can do whatever they want with them. Trade them like Panini stickers.

In Europe it seems too far the other way - players hold all the power. If they want to leave, they essentially go on strike. I believe in the right to strike for fair working conditions, but Sanchez is on £150k a week to play football, his working conditions are pretty favourable.

The difference is in my job I'm not an asset worth tens of millions of pounds to my employer (debatable to be fair).

If you owned a factory and I owned a factory, and I came and bought your best machine, and you didn't want to sell, you'd feel pretty aggrieved if I just bought it anyway.

You'd be even more aggrieved if I somehow snook in to your factory at night and stole the keys so it wouldn't work again until I'd bought it off you.

I don't think footballers are just enployees, they're multi million pound assets as well. In US sport, players under contract are traded to teams and cities they have absolutely no say in. They just turn up to work in LA one day and get told "you've been traded to Denver" they pack their bags and off they go, no say in the matter.

The concept in the US is that the clubs own the economic rights to the players and they can do whatever they want with them. Trade them like Panini stickers.

In Europe it seems too far the other way - players hold all the power. If they want to leave, they essentially go on strike. I believe in the right to strike for fair working conditions, but Sanchez is on £150k a week to play football, his working conditions are pretty favourable.
At the end of the day footballers aren't machines they are people and it's a basic human right to ply your trade where you want to ply your trade. Yes, we have a transfer system to ensure their clubs are compensated for their loss, but I see no reason why a player should be forced to stay somewhere he doesn't want to be. Pretty pathetic and sad that a club would seek to force some one to stay against his will and it will end in tears

mrw_i_am_waiting_inline_and_and_hear_i_song_i_like

Good shit this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.