Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon Mullock in the mirror says he's going to ask to leave for City and if they don't agree to let him go he'll put in a transfer request.

Imagine if we signed Alexis..... what a team we would have next season one of the best in the world imo.
There's a spot at the top right now. Barca are slipping but will, of course, remain there. We should be in the elite group that includes Real, Bayern, Juve, and Barca soon. Within two/three years imo.

There's a spot at the top right now. Barca are slipping but will, of course, remain there. We should be in the elite group that includes Real, Bayern, Juve, and Barca soon. Within two/three years imo.
If we get Sanchez mate I General think we will be as good as most of them.... especially if Neymar leaves Barca as well.

Our new wingbacks with Silva, de bruyne, Silva, Gundogan, Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling and maybe Sanchez wow teams won't know what's hit them.

If we get Sanchez mate I General think we will be as good as most of them.... especially if Neymar leaves Barca as well.

Our new wingbacks with Silva, de bruyne, Silva, Gundogan, Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling and maybe Sanchez wow teams won't know what's hit them.
It all depends on our defense and being more clinical imo. If we play solid at the back and Ederson plays as good as he's looked this preseason it's possible. Our squad depth concerns me though. Sanchez would help make us more clinical and make us deeper up front yes but what happens if Mendy/Walker go down for an extended period of time? Danilo looks like a fantastic cover but he is our cover for both fullback positions and I can't imagine playing Fernandinho at fullback against a team like Barca in the CL. If we had an extra LB (Betrand?) and maybe an all-around midfielder (Kieta?) I would be just as confident as you.

Am I the only one that doesn't understand the links to Sanchez. Yes he is a great player and could potentially improve us but...........

1) he is 29 (and we seem to be in the model of buying younger)
2) he wants HUGE money (but allegedly is willing to take less to come to us)
2) where will he fit? Will he play instead of Aguero? will he take the place of Jesus (and potentially hinder his development) He can play out wide but again does he take the place of our young wingers in sane and sterling? Does he take the place Silva or DeBruyne?

I just don't see how he fits especially since we bought bernardo silva and we have some young guys that look like world beaters.

At the end of the day footballers aren't machines they are people and it's a basic human right to ply your trade where you want to ply your trade. Yes, we have a transfer system to ensure their clubs are compensated for their loss, but I see no reason why a player should be forced to stay somewhere he doesn't want to be. Pretty pathetic and sad that a club would seek to force some one to stay against his will and it will end in tears
So why bother with a contract then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.