Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that doesn't understand the links to Sanchez. Yes he is a great player and could potentially improve us but...........

1) he is 29 (and we seem to be in the model of buying younger)
2) he wants HUGE money (but allegedly is willing to take less to come to us)
2) where will he fit? Will he play instead of Aguero? will he take the place of Jesus (and potentially hinder his development) He can play out wide but again does he take the place of our young wingers in sane and sterling? Does he take the place Silva or DeBruyne?

I just don't see how he fits especially since we bought bernardo silva and we have some young guys that look like world beaters.
20-30 goals more and we win the league. That's where he fits in.

Am I the only one that doesn't understand the links to Sanchez. Yes he is a great player and could potentially improve us but...........

He's 28 and wont turn 29 till half way through the season.

2) he wants HUGE money (but allegedly is willing to take less to come to us)
2) where will he fit? Will he play instead of Aguero? will he take the place of Jesus (and potentially hinder his development) He can play out wide but again does he take the place of our young wingers in sane and sterling? Does he take the place Silva or DeBruyne?

I just don't see how he fits especially since we bought bernardo silva and we have some young guys that look like world beaters.
1) he's 28 and proven
2) we don't know what money he's asking for from City. He's also currently on sale in terms of his transfer fee due to his contract.
3) we won't be playing a 'first 11' in any way shape or form and going into the season playing two up top and with only two strikers is beyond foolhardy.

I bet alexis is chomping at the bit to join us if he watched us last night from his sick bed

At the end of the day footballers aren't machines they are people and it's a basic human right to ply your trade where you want to ply your trade. Yes, we have a transfer system to ensure their clubs are compensated for their loss, but I see no reason why a player should be forced to stay somewhere he doesn't want to be. Pretty pathetic and sad that a club would seek to force some one to stay against his will and it will end in tears

Footballers gladly sign these long contracts in exchange for huge amounts of money. Nobody is forcing them to. I agree it's kind of silly forcing someone to stay somewhere they no longer want to be but bringing human rights and slavery into the argument is hysterical language.

Sanchez has agreed to work for Arsenal under a contracted period. If he doesn't want to fulfil that contract then he is free to buy himself out of it just the same as anyone working in the real world would be. He doesn't want to do that though as I expect he'd rather not lose all that money and it appears as though clubs have agreed not to be complicit in signing footballers who have gone about things that way. So instead, he wants Arsenal to be accommodating in allowing him to leave a year early for a rival. It's not in Arsenal's interest to do that so instead we're left with a tiresome game of brinkmanship unfolding. Sanchez is not being held against his will or used as slave, he is trying to have his cake and eat it (and why wouldn't be given this is a long established pattern we've seen from players before).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.